+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: What does my dream mean?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I had a dream I gave birth on my daughter's school bus to a baby girl who looked at me and asked me to put pants on her because she was cold.

I think I need more sleep.

I had a good one the other night: my former in-laws were trying to pour a big
    garbage bag full of vegetable soup into a huge pot on the stove. As the soup poured out, a full-grown black goat also came spilling out of the bag & landed in the pot, legs thrashing wildly.
    What on earth could it mean???

giz
    It could mean, lay off the goat curry right before bedtime! That's a cool dream. I have sort of dream locations, my dream version of an island we holiday on, a dream version of my neighbourhood (which is much better than the real version, sort of a car-free seaside English village married to my neighbourhood), and especially a dream version of the islands we can see off-shore here. In my dreams I can walk out to the islands at low tide (it's about a half hour boat trip), and find there is a little community out there I never knew about where everyone is peaceful and content (and occasionally there seem to be harmless exotic animals roaming about). I did once walk out to St. Michael's Mount in England (at low tide), which was a special and dreamy experience. Does anyone else have (better than real) dream versions of real places that recurr?

Tada
    In one of my recent dreams, I could have applied for World's Strongest Man. I was able to do push-ups with 300 pounds of weight on my back... And that's about 2.5x what I weigh.

In real life though, I can only do pushups lifting myself up. But then again, I've never tried doing them with any weight on my back.
    Last edited by Tada; 09-20-2005 at 02:28 PM.

Giz, I have dreams where the setting is recurring. One is a specific house, and every time I dream about it I'm in the dream and I suddenly realize I know the place. I've even made some drawings of it. I always wonder if I'm going to come across it in real life one of these days.

I have recurring dreams about being swept away by a huge wave (shudder) and one where my teeth fall out. I've heard the teeth one is common and supposed to represent health concerns.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

giz
    Hepcat, it sounds like your house isn't one you know, though. My places are alternate versions of real places. Your house dream reminds me of a book (and tv show) I read (and saw) about this English woman who from childhood had vivid memories of a cottage and village and life. She made many detailed drawings of the house and village, and wrote down names. As an adult she travelled to Ireland and found the village and remains of a cottage which were the village and cottage she had dreamt of. She searched for the former inhabitants of the house, and turned up a large family of elderly Irish siblings. Her memories and dreams were so detailed, that some of the siblings accept her as the reincarnation of their long-dead mother. (she is about 30 years younger than the youngest of the Irish family). Maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you something! I'm giving myself goosebumps now.

I had an interesting dream earlier this year. I was at an indoor swimming pool and Dagwood was there. I won't go into all the detail of the dream but I just saw Dagwood's photo in the FORTcon thread and I immediately knew her face from my dream. I didn't even have to look at the names below the picture. Spitting image of my dream.

I have alot of dreams where I'm crying in the dream, and when I wake up, I'm crying FOR REAL...
    Also have dreams where I'm laughing in the dream, and I wake up laughing FOR REAL...

Anyone else do this?

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I have recurring dreams about being swept away by a huge wave (shudder) and one where my teeth fall out. I've heard the teeth one is common and supposed to represent health concerns.
    I've had that one with the teeth falling out a lot, but to me it seems to be more related to other stress --money, time pressures, relationship issues. This is the first year I've ever had a lot of concerns about my health, and I don't remember having that dream within recent memory.

How about this one?
    I'm in a group of about 6 people including my SO, my sister, and a couple of guys at work, and we decide to go fishing. So, we go to the fishing place, and buy our ticket (fishing tickets--) at a thing like a concession stand--one of my other co-workers is selling the tickets, and it's really hot so he's only wearing boxers. The fishing hole is an old swimming pool, and you have to walk around the edge on a single row of bricks because there is shrubbery planted real close to the pool. The pool is really deep and you can see hundreds of fish in it even though the water is kinda green.
    The one guy is fishing over by himself, and complaining that there are dead fish floating around. I look over and see it's because he's fishing in the baby wading pool, and there are only dead fish in it.
    I caught one chartreuse catfish, very short and fat, and was peeved because I wanted a big fish.

I always have very, very weird, complicated dreams, in full color and stereo sound. To the point that sometimes I think my alarm has gone off, but it hasn't.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

This dream isn't recent, but I remember having it a couple times, years back.

I am in my bed, and I am suddenly startled awa. For some reason, I feel scared as if I am being pursued. I try to get up and run to my family, who are in a living room, but feel as if I am in a bubble, and move very slowly and bouncily. Once I finally reach them, I try to scream to get their attention, but no one blinks an eye. I start to float towards the ceiling...

Its weird because I remember discussing it with one of my teachers, and she was like "Oh, I know what THAT means..." but never got around to telling me. Does anyone know ?

ETA: Does anyone else have those ones where you are just on the brink of falling asleep, and for me, I'll be riding a bike, or roller blading, and I'll trip and fall, and as soon as Im about to hit the ground, I wake up with a start. I hate those

+ Reply to Thread