+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Research Project need help

Re: Research Project need help

MRD - If you watch The Next Food Network Star, they had a challenge with MRE's. I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for but it's something.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

I'm not sure what he had when he was in panama, usually when he gets going on war stories it involves bizarre animals, really bad ambushes and other horrors, i try not to go there with him on it. I will never comprehend what he went through, he knows it and i know it. He talks to my dad (vietnam vet) but not so much with anyone else. When i bring my dad back from AZ I will ask him about what they did when he was in Vietnam. therapy, meds and time have made it a lot easier for him to talk about.

MRD

THanks Snickertink. I know that a lot of vets do have a hard time talking about it. Most will talk about the non-combat aspects like food and recreation and stuff, but don't want to get into any combat stories. My dad was a WWII vet and he never ever talked about any of his actual bombings (he was a torpedo bomber, so he had to fly low enough he could see the people on the ships he was targeting. That much I do know, but I got that from someone else and not him), but he did talk about the food and what he did on the carrier for fun and the different ports he had leave in.

My husbands Panama food experiences involve snakes and monkey brains. I cannot even imagine. But I guess when you are hungry, you will eat what's available.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12