+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best $100 I Ever Spent.

The other day I was with my husband in Future Shop and we finally decided to upgrade our first Harmony remote.
    We've bought two others since for use in different rooms, but the first one is still going strong and will now be used by our eldest son in his room.
    We bought it in the sale a few years ago for $99 and both think, without a doubt it's the best $100 we ever spent.

Anyone else have any brilliant $100 buys?
    Last edited by fluff; 08-14-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Re: The Best $100 I Ever Spent.

Not really. .I need to google harmony remote

I purchased a pair of Steve Madden Mary Jane heels 5 years ago for $100 and they are still looking great and have held up much longer than even my more expensive shoes.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Off the top of my head, the best $200 (I have expensive tastes ) that I ever spent was for a hand-held GPS unit. That thing saves me a ton of time and frustration at work. I wouldn't give a nickel for a GPS for my car, but the hand-held is a gem.

Whatever my divorce cost me was well worth it, too.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3165671;
    Not really. .I need to google harmony remote

If you have a bunch of different components hooked up to your tv, then treat yourself and get one. They're made by Logitech.
    We have two dvd players, a pvr, a dvd recorder, surround sound, Wii and a Blu Ray in our family room hooked up to our tv.
    Everything can be operated from one remote.
    We just bought a Harmony 1000, but the $100 one works beautifully and you get to store away all the individual remotes instead of having a great pile of them out on the coffee table, or wherever.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/re...otes/&cl=us,en
    Last edited by fluff; 08-14-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The husband bought something called a "Green Machine" for the carpets. I've been away visiting family, but he said he used it on some nasty stains (three pets and two little kids, and we have a beige carpet ) and they came out. It cost him $90 on sale, so with tax that's close enough to $100. I was considering ripping up the carpet because it was so hard to get clean but this is a lot cheaper than replacing the flooring.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think that the best $100 that we ever spent was the adoption fee for our sweet Henry! He's brought so much joy and happiness into our lives. Of course, we immediately spent another $100 "outfitting" him with a harness and a new bed and tons of toys, bones and food, but we consider that to be money well spent.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Without a doubt, it was paying for my mom and son to get matching, mirror-image tattoos of swans on their hips so when they stand next to each other they make a heart.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3166494;
    Without a doubt, it was paying for my mom and son to get matching, mirror-image tattoos of swans on their hips so when they stand next to each other they make a heart.

You win! That is SO neat.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

That is SO cool Gutmutter.
    I have been trying to think of something and the only thing that comes to mind is an outdoor fireplace we bought several years ago for $99 and we sure got our money's worth out of it. We enjoyed it immensely for a long time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast