+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best $100 I Ever Spent.

Re: The Best $100 I Ever Spent.

Yeah, it's hard to come up with something. The only thing I can think of is when my husband was overseas, away for 6 weeks, home for 2, and I was working, had 3 relatively small kids, soccer practices, swim lessons, etc. I finally broke down and hired a cleaning lady every 2 weeks. It was by far the best thing I ever did. I could still neaten up in between but it decreased the stress level. I still don't know how I got home from work, got them fed, dressed for soccer, and out the door in under 60 minutes, and 2 separate fields.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Tickets to an amusement park last summer. My three kids, husband and I all went for about $100 and that day was more fun than many more expensive vacations we have had. . . my son still talks about it and asked about it all winter. We are going back again in the next few weeks!
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

What would have been the best $100 I never got to spend was for the ferry from Toronto to Rochester. We were really looking forward, on our trip to Cape Cod, to spending the first four hours sitting and watching the lake pass by as the sun rose, strolling genteely on deck, eating a breakfast that wasn't sitting in a bag on our laps or being held in a cup holder, and possibly watching a movie, rather than driving, driving, driving, hitting the border, dealing with border guards, driving, driving, driving, aaaah, there's the Rochester skyline.

But apparently few people felt the same way we did, and so the ferry was scrapped.

The best $45 I ever spent was on an antique (almost) desk at a flea market for the boys to sit in the living room window, as opposed to the $1,200 console table I was first taken with.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The best "not quite $40" I spend every year is for a subscription to edHelper.com. For the teaching/tutoring I do with the variety of age groups, interests, skill sets, native languages, etc., etc., it's been a huge timesaver!

The best $100? Hmm. Snorkeling at Molokini (off Maui's coast) and "Turtle Town" with a small charter boat company. Soooooooo much nicer (and less expensive) than the big boats that go there! And an incredible underwater experience. Waaaaahhhhh! I wanna go back!!!! (Note to self: find another game show.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3165798;

Whatever my divorce cost me was well worth it, too.
    Since I can't think of anything, I have to agree with Newf on this one...in fact it's Priceless

A neighbor of ours once was arrested for hitting a guy who had been stalking his daughter and he said the $100.00 bond he had to put up was the best money he'd ever spent.
    CYA

$100 ticket to our Hospital Home Lottery.

I have to agree with Doxie. My two dogs, Chico and Suki, were adopted from the Humane Society for about $100 each and they've both been superb investments. I've got more fun and love from my $200 than other thing I could have purchased.

MRD

Hubby just reminded me that our refrigerator was $100 bucks. It was 2nd hand, but it's a whirlpool side by side, fairly new in and GREAT shape, with ice maker and water in the door. Has the crank shelves to adjust the height of the shelves. It's by far the best refrigerator we've ever had and we've had it a year now. Best $100 bucks we've ever spent.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12