+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things that you really want

Re: Things that you really want

I found this when I was looking for gift threads and read through it because our discussion group topic for next month is "What do you want?". Some of the posts are very poignant given events that have happened since then. Hope I'm not upsetting anyone by bumping this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I want my current dog to have a very, very, very long life.

I want more respect for language, particularly the written language, particularly among those whose work I have to read on a regular basis. I really want to stop having to teach the same proofreading and editing skills over and over and over again.

I want people to be paid what they're worth. Teachers, firefighters, social workers etc. should be paid more, and respected more, than drunken, sexually indiscriminate celebrities. Fame, for that matter, should come from accomplishment, not a willingness to be a public embarrassment.

I want everyone to have happy, secure childhoods and to have that same happiness in security and old age--and I want the same thing for animals as for humans.

I'd love to have both my parents back, happy and healthy. I'd also like the chance to get to know the grandparents who died before, or shortly after, I was born.

I'd like the holidays to be less hectic.

I'd like to keep weight off without having to work out fourteen hours a week, because that's getting tiresome.

I'd like housework, yardwork, and all home repairs to be performed by magic elves who refuse all forms of payment except a simple thank you.

I'd like chocolate to be a calorie-free health supplement.

I'd like to have more free time and an all expenses paid vacation that was completely dog friendly once a year.

I'd like life time passes (including all travel and accommodation expenses) to any figure skating event I'd ever want to attend, plus the time to do that. I'd also like to see at least one Kentucky Derby.

Oh, and I'd like an I-pad (I thought I should put at least one thing on my list that was a possibility...).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4105388;
    I want my current dog to have a very, very, very long life.

I want more respect for language, particularly the written language, particularly among those whose work I have to read on a regular basis. I really want to stop having to teach the same proofreading and editing skills over and over and over again.

I want people to be paid what they're worth. Teachers, firefighters, social workers etc. should be paid more, and respected more, than drunken, sexually indiscriminate celebrities. Fame, for that matter, should come from accomplishment, not a willingness to be a public embarrassment.

I want everyone to have happy, secure childhoods and to have that same happiness in security and old age--and I want the same thing for animals as for humans.

I'd love to have both my parents back, happy and healthy. I'd also like the chance to get to know the grandparents who died before, or shortly after, I was born.

I'd like the holidays to be less hectic.

I'd like to keep weight off without having to work out fourteen hours a week, because that's getting tiresome.

I'd like housework, yardwork, and all home repairs to be performed by magic elves who refuse all forms of payment except a simple thank you.

I'd like chocolate to be a calorie-free health supplement.

I'd like to have more free time and an all expenses paid vacation that was completely dog friendly once a year.

I'd like life time passes (including all travel and accommodation expenses) to any figure skating event I'd ever want to attend, plus the time to do that. I'd also like to see at least one Kentucky Derby.

Oh, and I'd like an I-pad (I thought I should put at least one thing on my list that was a possibility...).
    Tilden, loved this!!!
    from your lips to God's ears.

I want to be stress free!

I have a little book called "Life Without Stress". Amazon.com: Life Without Stress: The Far Eastern Antidote to Tension and Anxiety (9780767900454): Arthur Sokoloff: Books It distills useful Eastern ideas to apply to our Western way of life.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4108457;
    I have a little book called "Life Without Stress". Amazon.com: Life Without Stress: The Far Eastern Antidote to Tension and Anxiety (9780767900454): Arthur Sokoloff: Books It distills useful Eastern ideas to apply to our Western way of life.
    Thanks, I found an ebook version as well.

Good bump, Gut!! I re-read what I wrote back then and I still stand by everything I wanted.

How's it going?
    The last thing on my "really want" list was this wood stove. Now I just have to get it hooked up and I'll start the flow in the other direction... giving time, $$$, energy and love to others.
    Count your blessings!

I want my family to be close again. We have drifted apart somehow, all except for my mom & I, and I miss the way things were.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I want one really monolithic do-over (of my choice).
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast