+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your most unusual hobby

MRD

Re: Your most unusual hobby

Quote Originally Posted by famita2;3072909;
    I love to save boxes also. It is a goal to have enough to be able to ship at christmas time. And they have to be nice ones.

I also have this obscure joy of watching reality tv. Does anyone else share that joy?
    Oh yeah, only good boxes here too. Those that are smushed or dented need not apply.

I received a gift for my birthday in a Williams Sonoma box. It is the PINNACLE of my box collection! I may not be able to give that one up, no matter what the need for it may be. It's by far the nicest box I own.

I also have a need to hoard other storage containers. I have plastic totes, bins, baskets, etc. I like storage, it makes me feel organized even when I'm not. I often browse the storage container aisles at stores, even if I don't buy, just to imagine the possiblities of everything stored and in it's place. Never happen of course, but I can always dream.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by famita2;3072909;
    I also have this obscure joy of watching reality tv. Does anyone else share that joy?

Lol, I think so! My username says it all.

I love rocks. I pick them up at the beach, at the park, pretty much anywhere and if they are pretty, I'll bring them home for the garden.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3072921;
    Oh yeah, only good boxes here too. Those that are smushed or dented need not apply.

I received a gift for my birthday in a Williams Sonoma box. It is the PINNACLE of my box collection! I may not be able to give that one up, no matter what the need for it may be. It's by far the nicest box I own.

I also have a need to hoard other storage containers. I have plastic totes, bins, baskets, etc. I like storage, it makes me feel organized even when I'm not. I often browse the storage container aisles at stores, even if I don't buy, just to imagine the possiblities of everything stored and in it's place. Never happen of course, but I can always dream.
    I am exactly like that...my S.O. makes fun of me because I went from a little 2 BDR apartment to a big house and I had totes and baskets and bins for every little thing. I had to do it at the apartment because there was ZERO room there! I love all my different size baskets and you can open most any drawer and I have little organizers in there...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I once saw a very cute little cloth-lined basket and bought it to keep my dog's sweaters in! Mr. Doxie STILL makes fun of me for that.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD it sounds like you'd get along fine with my sister. She even has a special closet that is nothing but boxes....all stacked and arranged by size and type. She'll let others borrow them but honestly, it's easier to get approved for a bank loan. She's also the same way with her Tupperware......it's just not worth it to borrow any because God forbid you lose or damage a piece.
    Me, I love maps! I love looking up places that people have been to and I've even been known to overenthusiastically offer to map out someone's trip for them.
    CYA

I love maps too. Mr. Doxie and I drove cross-country several years ago and I had so much fun planning our route. Hmmmm... maybe I should find a special box for all of my maps!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I love mini stuff...
    Cabbage patch sized is my favorite, just big enough that I can still use it...but small enough that it makes me look like a giant.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can you please describe what you are talking about? It's stuff for people?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3077042;
    Can you please describe what you are talking about? It's stuff for people?
    Yeah, mostly stuff for people...I've got lots of little tools, screw drivers, pliers, hammer...
    and kitchen stuff (probably meant for kids, but still functional).
    I like the little tiny keychain sharpies and tape measures, super cute and fits perfectly in my purse! I've also got little tiny rolls of tape that kinda suck to use, but I made such a fuss about them when I got them that I could never tell my boyfriend that they are such a pain to use, he HATES mini stuff! (He's now the ex...)
    Where I run into problems is the stuff not for people...its so cute, but completely useless. I can't bring myself to throw it away though! I'm pretty crafty so I save it just incase I decide to make something with it someday...you never know when you'll need a mini chizzle and hammer...or a 2" motor bike...or airline liquor bottles...
    My craft supplies are getting pretty cluttered!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast