+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Father's Day

Re: Father's Day

Missy, that sounds like a nightmare! I'm glad everyone got home safe and that the party went well.

My husband's father's day was nice and relaxing. We went to church and then went out for a big breakfast. The kids got him a golf video game so we played that and then went swimming for a bit during the day. Then I fixed him the dinner he chose and he relaxed the rest of the evening. He did fold a couple of loads of laundry but I hope that didn't ruin his day.

Happy belated father's day to all the FORT fathers!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I got my dad a card and took him out to Famous Dave's for lunch/dinner (we ate around 4). And my siblings and mom and I are going to chip in and buy him a Wii. And by "my siblings and my mom and I", I mean I am going to buy it for him and they others will pay me back their share.... maybe.

We also visited my grandpa in the home he lives in. I got him a 5 dvd set that has 10 John Wayne movies in it.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Today?? You're a little late. Or a little early.

My husband wants a gun. I don't know what to do. On one hand, ok, whatever, you have a gun. On the other hand, OMG you have a gun!!

I am against having a gun in my home because I think they're too dangerous and not effective enough when it comes to PREVENTING crime. But I'm absolutely for the right to bear arms and for my huband to feel like a man. Oh, what to do, what to do? At least I have a few more months to toss it back and forth.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

We've always owned guns and we keep them locked up and unloaded. When our daughter was small, we made sure she never, ever had access to them. We also taught her about guns and how dangerous they were and how to not touch them,etc. I don't think she's ever even seen the guns my husband owns because they are kept locked up.

As for home protection, that's not why we have them. The chances of it being taken away and used on you are high. Having them locked up and unloaded also makes them a tad impracticle if the case of a break in: "wait mr. robber, I have to unlock the gun case and load the gun".

My husband's guns are hunting guns. That's what he bought them for and that's what he used them for.

If you do get your husband a gun, I reccomend a gun safety class and a class on how to shoot and a membership to a gun range for practice.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345