+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Father's Day

Re: Father's Day

My dad and I aren't really that close, we have been having issues and he works that day, so I think I'm just going to get him a card and maybe cook him breakfast.

For my boyfriend's dad we will probably get him a card and since he likes cooking steaks n stuff ALOT, then we'll probably end up getting him some spices.

My Dad has strongly expressed that we are not to buy him any gifts; not even the kitties. (they usually don't listen).

So I'm having everyone over for dinner and cake. If the weather was nice, we'd have a BBQ and I could put up the badminton net. But it's been rainy and cool and doesn't look like it will improve. So I guess I'll be cooking a pork roast with fixings and we'll be inside with maybe a fire going in the fireplace if it's cold out.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3053973;
    So I'm having everyone over for dinner and cake. If the weather was nice, we'd have a BBQ and I could put up the badminton net. But it's been rainy and cool and doesn't look like it will improve. So I guess I'll be cooking a pork roast with fixings and we'll be inside with maybe a fire going in the fireplace if it's cold out.
    That sounds like fun! MissKitty, is that you in the avatar? Or is that a client whose face you painted? Fancy! You did a great job!

I've got it easy this year. My parents are having their kitchen renovated. They enjoy a martini and a snack every night while watching Wheel of Fortune. For Mother's Day, I bought a bunch of snacks that didn't have to be cooked (since the kitchen was GONE) and they really enjoyed those. The kitchen is almost finished, but I think I am going to get them some more snacks for Father's Day since they seemed to enjoy it so much.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Happy Fathers' Day to the fathers here! I had a very vivd dream of my father last night... one of those where you wake up and really feel like that person was with you. I didn't make the connection with Fathers' Day then, but I wonder if there is a connection. Happy Fathers' Day Dad!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3057957;
    Happy Fathers' Day to the fathers here! I had a very vivd dream of my father last night... one of those where you wake up and really feel like that person was with you. I didn't make the connection with Fathers' Day then, but I wonder if there is a connection. Happy Fathers' Day Dad!
    I have no doubt that there is. I had a dream that my father was alive, but sick, and he was smiling and telling me that he was fine--and that I should be, too--and that he was ready to go.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful FoRT dads!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3058012;
    I have no doubt that there is. I had a dream that my father was alive, but sick, and he was smiling and telling me that he was fine--and that I should be, too--and that he was ready to go.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful FoRT dads!
    Oh Lois.

I'm sure he was telling you that he was fine and urging you to be too.

I dream about my parents occasionally and so does my daughter. Hers tend to be dreams that convey some sort of message. Mine tend to be centered around family activities.

I know it sounds weird, but I do believe in the power of dreams and I do believe in the power of our loved ones to be able to communicate with us through dreams.

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there.

It's been a bad day here. I went to Krispy Kreme to get hot donuts as those are my husband's favorites but then they upset his stomach, so that's my fault. My daughter has been in a LOUSY mood all morning and won't do jack around here, so she and I are mad at each other, AND the donuts are NOT on her diet. (she didn't have to eat any, I bought them for her dad)
    My husband who has been promising for over a week to do some badly needed repairs has the excuse that he is taking today off because it's FAther's Day. I wonder what the excuse was yesterday, Friday, last Thur., etc.

I'm cooking dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen, I'm doing laundry, I'm cleaning the house. I'm about ready to tell them all, to get in the car and go away for the entire day because even though it is Father's Day, hubby is grouchy too and I'm just over both of them right now.

Whew, sorry, didn't mean to rain on Father's Day for everyone. I was just thinking, it's damn sure NOT Mother's Day here in my house.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3058038;
    Whew, sorry, didn't mean to rain on Father's Day for everyone. I was just thinking, it's damn sure NOT Mother's Day here in my house.
    I know I shouldn't...but I am laughing so hard right now. I'm sorry your day is difficult...but please know that you stopped my tears and brought a huge smile to my face. And thank you for saying that about dreams. I think you're right.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3058088;
    I know I shouldn't...but I am laughing so hard right now. I'm sorry your day is difficult...but please know that you stopped my tears and brought a huge smile to my face. And thank you for saying that about dreams. I think you're right.
    If it makes you feel better, then laugh. I would if it wasn't happening to me.

I wanted to change the bed today too, but its hard because the father and 2 dogs are laying in it right now.

Attitudes had better change around here or we're having something really yucky for dinner tonight.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My husband too is napping right now. However, I don't mind because I know he does so much for me every other day of the year.
    I want to be wined and dined on my day, he wants to nap. Men have simple tastes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast