+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3275075;
    I love the target shooting game in Wii Play
    There's a target shooting game? I loved the old Duck Hunt from the old Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3398900;
    Another good feature in World Tour is that you can just "jam" without having to worry about hitting notes. Excellent for younger kids who can't keep up with the actual guitar game. Though my girls really just like creating and dressing up their rockers.

Our kids' favourite game is the Outdoor Adventure, which comes with a mat (similar, I guess, to the dance-type games). Some of it is very physically demanding and you end up getting quite the workout playing. Oh, and what's really funny is that your Mii will get fat if you don't play it regularly. You have to play for a good 15-20 minutes solid to get the Mii back into shape.
    I bought the Outdoor Adventure game. WOW. I had to have my daughter finish one of the work outs. LOL. That was intense and had my legs burning from all the running and jumping involved!! Kids love the part that they have to pair up to do an adventure. Talk about team work!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Does anybody have any suggestions for the Wii chargers? We have 4 remotes. Most of the complaints I am seeing for the chargers is that the cover and strap have to be removed. Is there a charger that you can use that you don't have to take off the cover or strap?

I have the charger (charges 2 at a time) and yes, you have to remove the cover, but I leave the strap on and it works fine. It got annoying to remove and replace the covers so I just stopped using the covers. So the charger is a bit of a pain, but it's way better than replacing batteries.
    Don't let the small things sweat

I got the Wii Sports Resort game for my birthday a few weeks ago and think it's OK. You need to have the adapter for the remote to play. The game came with one, but I'll need to spend $20-$30 for another one to play 2 person games. The games are good (there is archery, sword fighting, basketball, canoeing, air sports, table tennis, cycling, frisbee, golf, bowling, etc.). The golf and bowling are the same as in the original Wii Sports, but enhanced to utilize the extra sensitivity of the remote. I really like the golf now. My new favorites are the cycling, table tennis and frisbee golf. Very fun...but will be better with the second adapter.

I also saw a disturbing commercial the other day. It was one of those pitches for injury lawyers...you know the ones--"If you or a loved one were hurt by a certain drug, etc., call this number." This one said "If you or your property were damaged by a faulty strap on a Wii remote, you are entitled to damages...call this number". I thought, "COME ON!!!!!" This is getting ridiculous. Suing everyone under the sun will not make this a better place to live.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Spoose, thank you for the review of the Wii Sports Resort. I was thinking of buying it this weekend, but I think I will now stick with a game that doesn't have to have the motion sensor added to the remote. I will save that extra expense for maybe Christmas time and use it for the "family" gift. And thank you for the heads up on the charger. We are still using batteries, but we have only had to change them out twice and we've had the game for almost a year now. I may just stick with batteries or the charger may get included with the "family" Christmas gift. LOL.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Has anyone bought the new Wii Fit Plus? I was wondering if it's worth getting the new version or if I should just get the original now that they are on sale.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

CCL

Bumped for Cootie, Gutmutter etc.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

You know what's a hoot? Watching your husband take on your pre-teen daughters in Just Dance 3. The song is California Girls... the dance.... fits the song.
    He whups their butts. Hilarious!

Sometimes our family of four will play together. It's a great workout.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Bumped for Cootie, Gutmutter etc.
    Ahh, thanks! It has been a while since anyone posted here...

spockwhat I love doing Just Dance in a family setting. It is entertaining to both watch and participate!

+ Reply to Thread