+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Re: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

I spent all weekend playing Raymans Raving Rabbids TV Party. I love those crazy rabbids
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

For Christmas, my mom gave up trying to figure out individual gifts for the six of us and just got us a family gift of a Wii with some games and extra controllers. We never expected it, so it was probably even more exciting when we opened it! My husband kicks my butt in tennis and golf and I kick his in pretty much everything else. I love the target shooting game in Wii Play and we're cracking up over all of our little Mii's. They look at least similar to us and the kids laugh their butts off when one shows up in a game. We're pretty new to it still, but we're having a great time and researching other games.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Zac gets a kick out of my Mii also. He tells me it's cool when I show up during his games when I'm not there.

My kids have made tons of Mii's. It started out with neighbors and friends, and now we have random people with odd names like Zoshara (???). I really need to go in there and delete everyone. I haven't played our Wii in a long time. I think I need to retire so I can play all my video games again
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I have been wanting a Wii for a long time. My activity level has tapered off to nothing so I thought a Wii would be a fun way to get a little exercise. Then I thought if I get a Wii I could possibly have my 15minutes of fame. There is a great chance I could make headline news.
    "Woman has heart attack playing her Wii."

When we file our income taxes my first present to myself will be a new GPS but if there is enough money left my second present will be a Wii.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3275878;
    My kids have made tons of Mii's. It started out with neighbors and friends, and now we have random people with odd names like Zoshara (???). I really need to go in there and delete everyone. I haven't played our Wii in a long time. I think I need to retire so I can play all my video games again
    I made a bunch of extra Mii's just to work out with on wiiFit. I got tired of seeing "strangers" appear in the games. I have the same problem going to a gym
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I love my Wii!! My game collection is growing and I thought I'd give my impressions on them in case anyone is thinking of getting them.

Wii Sports: (obviously) came with the console. Fun when you have a gang over, but a bit boring to play on your own after awhile. Even my mom plays bowling...tennis is fun but frustrating.

Guitar Hero III and World Tour (guitar only): LOVE Guitar Hero III but can't get into World Tour, probably because I don't have the option to play the drums or sing yet. I was obsessed with getting perfect scores on all the songs in III for MONTHS but haven't played in awhile. World Tour has some great extra features for composing your own stuff, but I haven't played around with it much yet.

Mario Kart: great game, love that you can play online with anyone in the world. Also kind of repetitive (only 32 courses or so) but another great "gang" game.

Super Mario Galaxy: wow...those game designers must have been on some kind of trip to come up with all those different worlds and features. Always interesting and challenging, this game is great mix of classic Mario moves and new age controls and gimmicks. I have some trouble with the 3-D movements and the thumbstick, but I still love it.

Monopoly: I wasn't expecting to like it much, but it's really great! The "Richest" edition is a new spin on classic Monopoly that incorporates mini-games (which are fun the first few times, then get boring) and a boat-load of luck. Classic Monopoly is a great way to play when no one else is around, but the computer makes some strange trades....sometimes in your favor!

Wii Fit: Amazing and fun. Good workout but a bit repetitive. I would love some more "step" games and more options for cardio, but I'm always amazed at how sensitive the board is. Looking forward to seeing more games come out that incorporate the balance board.

Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2: This was my first dance dance game and I love it! It took me a day to get used to knowing where my feet were at all times, but I started clearing levels and improving right away. Great, fun workout, but I've heard other versions of DDR are better (I just can't find any for the Wii!)

I've rented quite a few games over the past year, some were OK, some were duds. I tried Wii Ski (before I had a balance board) and was underwhelmed, Zelda Twilight Princess (wrapped it before my 5 days were up), some party game with darts, shuffleboard, etc. that was pretty terrible and Deca Sports (with badminton, curling, archery, etc.) that was OK but not worth owning.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;3398175;
    Guitar Hero III and World Tour (guitar only): LOVE Guitar Hero III but can't get into World Tour, probably because I don't have the option to play the drums or sing yet. I was obsessed with getting perfect scores on all the songs in III for MONTHS but haven't played in awhile. World Tour has some great extra features for composing your own stuff, but I haven't played around with it much yet.
    Another good feature in World Tour is that you can just "jam" without having to worry about hitting notes. Excellent for younger kids who can't keep up with the actual guitar game. Though my girls really just like creating and dressing up their rockers.

Our kids' favourite game is the Outdoor Adventure, which comes with a mat (similar, I guess, to the dance-type games). Some of it is very physically demanding and you end up getting quite the workout playing. Oh, and what's really funny is that your Mii will get fat if you don't play it regularly. You have to play for a good 15-20 minutes solid to get the Mii back into shape.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just wanted to mention that we've been doing Wii Fit and LOVE it. We've both been getting in shape and we're really happy with the results. Its one of those things that you get out of it what you put in it, so if you do easy exercises for five minutes its not going to do you any good, but if you use it effectively, it can really work.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

If you are using the Wii to exercise, I highly recommend the "My Fitness Coach" 'game' It doesn't use the Fit other than to get a weight, so you don't need it to 'play'. You have a trainer who gives you tests to figure out your fitness level and then from there you do workouts with her of whatever length you choose. Along the way she asks how you are doing: too easy, too hard, or just right and 'she' changes the workout based on your feedback. It kicks my butt! Hubby was skeptical at first but then he tried it, ha. You can really personalize it, are you looking for cardio, strength, weight loss, etc.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread