+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Re: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;3078484;
    You can play GC games on the Wii...I've tried a few of my old ones and it worked. But the Wii controls are so much more fun and interesting I'd rather play the Wii version. Unless they didn't change anything...but I heard you actually have to reach behind your head to grab and arrow to shoot, etc. I may have dreamed that, tho!
    Nope... no dreaming. That's what I was told for Zelda. It sounded fun.

FYI... on your comment up thread about the races/courses on MarioKart... if you play the WiFi games you actually unlock new courses and new characters. And....WiFi actually lets you race against your friends all around the world. All you'd need is their registration number (it'll walk you through the process) and both of you need to register the other.

I am ADDICTED. I don't even want to start getting involved with Guitar Hero or RockBand or I will have no life. I finally went out and bought myself a Wii so I can surprise my nephews and niece and play a WiFi friends race with them.

HEY.... we need to set up a FORT MarioKart tourney. Get 12 people and all sit down and play one day. Best of 5 10...no, 50!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3078175;
    I so rock on Creep. I can get 100% vocals on expert on that song..mostly because I love Radiohead so much.
    Nice! That was the first one I tried vocals on, since I knew the song inside and out. I've also gotten 100% on expert with "Celebrity Skin," "Black Hole Sun," and "Tom Sawyer."

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I am ADDICTED. I don't even want to start getting involved with Guitar Hero or RockBand or I will have no life.
    Oh yes you do! You play and unlock more songs, perpetuating the excitement. . . .

Actually, I really, really like the drums on Rock Band. They're quite good for improving coordination, and the wacky polyrhythms on songs by Rush and The Police, for example, are so much fun to play.

Oh, I'm all for a FoRT Mario Kart tourney!!! Let me know when! I raced a few times on WiFi and thought it was pretty cool to be playing against real people from all over, but I don't have any friends online yet....so the novelty wore off after a bit.

I have been addicted to Guitar Hero for the last week as I'm currently trying to master (get 5 stars) on all the songs on medium. Rockband sounds fun but I'm the only participant in my household so I'm not sure how much fun it would be by myself! Plus I'm a terrible singer...I wouldn't want to torture my dog and BF.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Aww, man! I want a Wii! I mean, I walk about three hours daily with work, but Wii would be fun to work out other muscle groups, etc., that I don't feel like leaving home for once all the tour guiding / teaching /tutoring is over with!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

If anyone is having problems getting Rock Band for Wii go to the futureshop website and order it online. Last I saw they had around 40 left. That's what I ended up doing..... after going there Sunday morning the idiot staff didn't even know it was coming out then. Then they told us to come back Monday and they should have it. The website says we are not in the bunch to even get ANY.

So now I sit & wait..........

I've tried since January to get a Wii. No luck. So last Sunday we went to Target for something and my youngest, 13, asked if she could see if they had one. I'm thinking, [sarcasm] Sure, ask away![/sarcasm] She called me and told me they had a Wii! I didn't believe her and she put the salesguy on the phone.
    They had 30 that morning and we got the last one at 2pm, just ahead of a couple from our church. ouch.
    We played for hours that night, and woke up with sore arms from the games. I was talked into getting an extra clicker thing (technical term)with 9 extra games (billiards, laser hockey, etc.) I just went online and got a Mario game that I hope I'll get soon.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Woohooo!!!!!

So, it was decided that the part of my Rebate check that did not go to bills and a full tank of gas would go to a Wii. I cannot wait any longer. I went to bed Friday night with every intention of waking up with DBF at the ungodly 6 am to commute into the city (him for work, me for shopping) and go to the Nintendo store. Soooo did not happen. I don't want to know exactly what I said to him when he tried to wake me, but he did remain in good humor.

So, okay, I get out the door at 9:30 figuring I can get to BestBuy at 10 when they open and if they don't have any at least their store is across from my favorite mall so I can take out my frustration on the other shops. Well, they didn't. So, I took myself to Old Navy (50% off! $1 Flip flops! Other awesome sales!) and spent about $100 on a huge shopping bag full of clothes and stuff for all the kidlets, me, the man, etc. Then I went to Sephora and spent 2 giftcards plus some of my own money. I'm sooooo dangerous in that store. When you look at me, I don't wear a lot of makeup (just some eyeliner and lipstick) but, I'm a freak for skincare lotions and potions, and expensive hair products, perfume, etc.

Anyway, lest we think I forgot the purpose of this thread... As I'm traveling towards home, traffic starts to annoy right before the exit of one of the less-frequented gaming stores we happen to like, so I figured okay, I'll take a look at the DS games for the little ones (I had just bought 2 used XBOX 360 games for myself the week before and had a little guilt) and to ask about the phone call for GH:Aerosmith, whether I had to retain my receipt (which I couldn't find, considering I reserved it months and months ago) and whether I could buy it at another store than I reserved it (I live and shop in a Blue-law county and did not want to wait till Monday.) So, I made a selection and went to the register. I asked him my questions and then off-handedly asked "I'm going to ask you the question you hear thousands of times a day" He said "We don't have Mario something-or-other (sic), No Wii Fit, but we do have the console." Double-take. "You have the console? Wooooohoooooo!" I picked myself out Resident Evil 4 from the used section and was dancing happily at the counter when he returned.

Now I can't wait to get paid again... I knew that the money I spent in the mall and that I'd spend the day after on GH:A, and the game and console was just too much. This weekend, I'll buy something for the kiddo and something else for us.

We set it up and made our characters, I played one round of RE and then wanted to sleep. I dreamed of Wii!

Spoose: I've done the same with GHIII (xbox 360) I literally have 34 100% songs but cannot seem to get the other 7. Well, six because I'm convinced it can't be done on Slayer. Last night, I started the trend anew with GH:Aerosmith. 4 songs played, 4 100% ratings achieved. What's awesome is, for a points-junkie like me, they give you achievements like mad. The first song I played I think I got 4 different achievements unlocked. Then I got two or three more before I quit for the night.
    Could does not mean should

CCL

So I finally got my Wii Fit. Yipee! I've been trying it out for the past week. So far the balance games are my favourite.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i work in a nursing home and we've had wii bowling there for a few months now ... the patients LOVE it.

+ Reply to Thread