+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Re: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Went looking for Wii Fit today just on a whim..... looked throughout the store and was about to leave disappointed when I noticed one behind the check out counter!!

Now we just have to figure out who is lining up Sunday morning

If anyone is still looking for the console just keep your eye on the Sunday ads. That's how we got ours. Best Buy had them in their ad that they would have them in stock. They had about 100. I think they handed out numbers for 50 of them but had plenty extra for people that didn't get numbers. I've seen Target have them in their ad too. I would suggest getting there right when they open though maybe even a little early. Geez isn't the demand dying a little by now?

My dad and I finally got our Wii! I was getting my nails done and a pedicure, so my mom did some laundry. She went to the local Fred Meyer's because my brother called her and asked if she could pick him up a game. On a whim, she asked if they had any Wiis, and the lady working said that they did. They had gotten a freak friday delivery of 4 games, so yesterday, we got our Wii I have already bought Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Let us know how you like the Zelda game Superbrat!! That one is next on my list to buy!!
    Don't let the small things sweat

I like it so far! But then I like games like those ^_^ (I was slighly dissappointed with the Phantom Hourglass game for the DS. It got repetative quicikly.) I'm hoping it lives up to my love I had for Orcarina (or whatever it's called) of Time, the last Zelda game I fully played.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I picked up Rock Band on Sunday, and I've enjoyed it immensely thus far! My dad and I have been playing the multiplayer "Band Tour" mode to unlock all the songs, and I think we've got a little less than half of them. I've mostly been doing drums and vocals, but I think I also like the guitar mechanics better than those of Guitar Hero III (which makes sense, as Rock Band was made by the developers of the first two Guitar Hero games).

My mom has been getting in on the action, too--playing the drums. She's pretty good. We've probably done Radiohead's "Creep" about 12 times as a family band.

So, all in all, it's probably everything I'd hoped for and more. I'm having a lot of fun so far, and the song selection is generally quite good.

I so rock on Creep. I can get 100% vocals on expert on that song..mostly because I love Radiohead so much. In my family I am the vocalist/diva. DH plays lead guitar, DS plays bass, and DD plays drums...but the stars have to be properly aligned in order to get her to join us.

DS had been known to set up the mic on a stand and play guitar at the same time. (that sounds so easy but really it's not)

Mantenna wait until you get to the 5 hour tour. You have to do all these songs without stopping. We just went with the 3 of us playing with DD to step in and cover if someone needed a break.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;3071289;
    Let us know how you like the Zelda game Superbrat!! That one is next on my list to buy!!
    Can you play Game Cube games on the Wii? Then you could buy the GC version, used for much cheaper.

You can play GC games on the Wii...I've tried a few of my old ones and it worked. But the Wii controls are so much more fun and interesting I'd rather play the Wii version. Unless they didn't change anything...but I heard you actually have to reach behind your head to grab and arrow to shoot, etc. I may have dreamed that, tho!
    Don't let the small things sweat

well I don't have a Wii yet so was just throwing that out there. How cool to actually be able to act like Link.

Trying to talk DH into selling one of our 360's so we can get a Wii. It's not going well.

+ Reply to Thread