+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Re: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;3059600;
    The funny thing is that the dance pad says "Persons under the influence of alcohol should not use the pad." Hmm. I'd probably be more inclined to play the game under those circumstances!
    "under the influence" is probably the only way I'll be coordinated enough to score any points!

I bought Wii Play today because I needed a second controller and this seemed the most economical way to get one - for only $10 over the cost of a controller by itself you get the game too. I'm really bad at pool . I just couldn't master the cue stick.

Has anyone bought the wireless nunchuck controller? I got it today and can't get it to synchronize to the remote no matter how many times I go through the steps. Before I take it back I'll let my husband try to get it to work when he gets off work tomorrow. I was hoping it would be worth the extra money.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-16-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3059652;
    I played Wii for the first time this weekend and absolutely loved it. I went bowling and played golf and now I'm addicted.
    The bowling will get ya. I believe I have Miis to represent the principal cast members of The Big Lebowski for times when you have to say, "Forget it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Archie, we bought Wii Play for the extra controller, too. It's really quite a good deal. I really like the laser hockey game on WP, too--it kind of reminds me of Tron or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;3056883;
    I wanted to get Zelda as well because I loved Zelda on the DS (I've never played any of the earlier "retro" versions). Does anyone have Zelda for the Wii?? Is it good?
    I was going to say.... my 8 year nephew loves it, but I didn't know how well that would go over. So I called my brother instead and he says that it's one of the top rated games for the Wii, plus if you like the one on the DS you should probably like this one, too. He hasn't played it much, but Zelda's graphics are the best you can get on the Wii. He just sent me this link so you can see the review and graphics.

I remember my friend Carole loved it when she first got it for the Wii, too... but I remember her talking about how awkward it was at first to reach back and get the arrows out of the backpack. But her family loved it.

That's my limited recommendation. I've never played it.

on the bowling comment, Manny!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;3059600;
    Spoose, how is Mario Kart? Is it a completely new version?
    I love Mario Kart, but I would have no idea if it's a completely new version or not--I've never played it before! It's loads of fun and easy to play, but as far as I can tell, there are only 32 different tracks/races. I haven't ventured into the virtual reality world to play against people online yet, maybe there are more options available there.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;3056883;
    Wheeeeeeee! We finally found a Wii! Wii Sports came with the console and we also picked up Mario Kart. Once you add the extra controllers and a game, this "cheaper" gaming version came to be about $420 but I love it! I asked about Guitar Hero and the clerk said it exists for the Wii but it's harder to find than the console itself. Oh well, at least it exists. I wanted to get Zelda as well because I loved Zelda on the DS (I've never played any of the earlier "retro" versions). Does anyone have Zelda for the Wii?? Is it good? I was also happy to find out you can play GameCube games on the Wii, I might have to try that out since I have a few.
    I have the GameCube version of Twilight Princess (which is the same as the Wii version except for the controls of course, and the fact that the game world is a mirror image to make Link right-handed in the Wii version) and absolutely love it! Of course I'm a big Zelda fan anyways, haha. I will say it is maybe a tiny bit more difficult than previous Zelda games, and definitely moreso than the DS Phantom Hourglass, but not that bad.

My husband couldn't get the wireless nunchuck to work either so I took it back and got a wired one and a zapper that came with an archery game. And Walmart just got another shipment of Wii's so there were about 7 or 8 boxes. I'm sure they'll all be gone by tomorrow. I wonder if Nintendo increased production because it was only last week when I got mine and they usually don't restock so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3059652;
    I played Wii for the first time this weekend and absolutely loved it. I went bowling and played golf and now I'm addicted.
    Yardy, whatever you do, don't try Guitar Hero. I swear to god, I keep saying.."Okay, only one more song"

I have a similar problem, Canuck. "But I've GOT to get the solo on "Cult of Personality" down!" I've given up on Slayer, though.

Well, I put down the deposit for Rock Band, so from June 22nd on, you might not see me for a few weeks. . . .

Having just make my way upstairs after a 2 hour guitar hero session, I guess I'm in the same boat!!

I've finished all the songs on easy and I'm 2/3 of the way through on medium. I've tried a few on hard but I don't think it can be done!!!
    Don't let the small things sweat

I love my Wii. I have zero hand eye coordination, so I was excvited to learn that I can box, bowl and now hula hoop. My sister brought hers out at christmas and told me about Wii Fit. I soon got lucky and they had a bundle at CostCo. I pre-ordered wii fit and have used it daily since it arrived. I am really good at Hula Hooping and tight-rope walking.

I just posted in the Biggest Loser thread info on a new program that Jillian Michaels is working on for holiday release. I will pre-order it too.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is fun. Where else can you swing cows for points and eliver bombs to crazy bunnies?
    Last edited by babymay; 06-18-2008 at 07:41 PM.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread