+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Re: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

That song list is awesome! I'm going to have to put Rock Band on my Christmas list this year. I'll totally rock Should I Stay or Should I Go. I sing it in the car all the time.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

We have DDR for the Wii and for all you excercise buffs there is an excercise mode that calculates the amount of calories you have burnt. My girls get a kick out of it when I play it.

The thing I like about the Wii is that ALL of my kids (ages 6,9 &12) play it and enjoy it.

We have Wii Sports, Wii Play (love the tank game!), DDR, Guitar Hero III, HSM Sing It, Big Brain Academy and some fishing game that I don't like.

Thank you thank you thank you for the news Rockband is coming to Wii You know where I will be the morning of the 22nd!!

We have DDR for the Wii
    Really? Where did you get it? The North Pole?

For all of you who are, like me, inclined to snatch up Rock Band the moment it hits the shelves--I'd recommend pre-ordering it and getting a "reservation" so you don't have to choke someone out at 6:00 A.M. on the 22nd. I pre-ordered Wii Fit from Gamestop, and it was just a $10 deposit for them to hold it. Couldn't have been easier!

The prices are the same at Gamestop as at Walmart, Target, etc.

For the record, when my roommate got his Wii, I went to Target with him at 6:00 A.M. on a Sunday morning. He got the second-to-last one that they had. It was insane.

CCL

They do have a Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. It might have just come out, though, as it seems to be one of those titles that are hard to find.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've seen lots of the DDR for Wii but didn't have the system. Now that I have the system I probably won't be able to find any DDR. I'll have to pace myself with the games and accessories so as not to go broke . It's good to know I can come here and see the reviews on games before I buy them. I like the suggestion of renting them first too. That's a good idea.

We have Rock Band for the 360 and quite honestly I was a little disappointed in the game. It was very expensive (150) to buy the whole set and after about 7 days of playing (not in a row) we've lost interest. Also the guitar you get for Guitar Hero works for Rock Band (on the 360 system, dunno about Wii) we were able to play lead guitar and bass at the same time. So I would say if you've got your heart set on Rock Band to wait until the price comes down or to buy it used. OR just buy the game itself, use your Guitar Hero guitar and your own mic.

Also the drum kit is pretty flimsey and the pedal has broken.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Wheeeeeeee! We finally found a Wii! Wii Sports came with the console and we also picked up Mario Kart. Once you add the extra controllers and a game, this "cheaper" gaming version came to be about $420 but I love it! I asked about Guitar Hero and the clerk said it exists for the Wii but it's harder to find than the console itself. Oh well, at least it exists. I wanted to get Zelda as well because I loved Zelda on the DS (I've never played any of the earlier "retro" versions). Does anyone have Zelda for the Wii?? Is it good? I was also happy to find out you can play GameCube games on the Wii, I might have to try that out since I have a few.

And I'll definitely try the rent first, buy if you like it idea because these games aren't cheap!
    Don't let the small things sweat

I have DDR for Wii. I love it. I got it around the time it came out (Sept/Oct of last year, I think) though pre-order (the same way I got Wii Fit). I know it's still hard to find though.

Well, I am now a true believer in DDR for the Wii, because my mom came home with it the other day! I'm pretty good at "Disco Inferno," if I do say so myself, but I'm mostly getting Ds and Cs on the other songs. As a new tactic, I tried breakdancing on it, but that didn't work out so well, either.

The funny thing is that the dance pad says "Persons under the influence of alcohol should not use the pad." Hmm. I'd probably be more inclined to play the game under those circumstances!

Spoose, how is Mario Kart? Is it a completely new version?

I played Wii for the first time this weekend and absolutely loved it. I went bowling and played golf and now I'm addicted.

+ Reply to Thread