+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Re: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;3045453;
    Geez, I'm uncoordinated for the Olympics game, too. It probably didn't help that I played as Dr. Robotnik every time, but I can't go betraying the Eggman. That trampoline event seemed to be pretty easy, but for the rest, I basically made a fool of myself.
    Now see... the trampoline event was what I sucked at the most. My fingers got lost and I couldn't hit the right buttons to save my life. Thank goodness for whoever was around me and all of the walls that I am a good little girl and wear my wrist strap religiously or there would have been many an occasion where I threw my Wiimote against anything in my way! That's how frustrated I got.

I used Eggman and Bowser to do the Javelin and the (what the heck is that ball on a string called??? I have lost my mind.) with great success. Bowser even threw that darned thing out of the stadium. He's awesome. But there were still days where every last toss would go straight into the metal gate. Thank goodness the designers didn't have enough of a sense of humor to make the ball land on the characters' heads.

Peach is the Monica Seles of ping pong. Little peachy voice grunting after every shot. I sucked at that game, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

got ours last week. we only have 2 games (one included in the wii box, wiisports, and another with additional remote, wiiplay) we're looking to add some more but i'm hooked on bowling and tennis! I enjoy this! am going to check out wiifit eventually... (glad it supporting up to 300lbs... cuz i'm a big guy! )
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;3050379;
    I've been trying to get my hands on a Wii for awhile, but they are always out of stock! There are always lots of games, the Fit, controllers, etc. but never a console! They only stock a few and they sell out within hours of arriving and they don't hold them for anyone...so it'll come down to luck in order to get one.

I have a link for a wii tracker that is up to the minute on what stores have them/cost etc. It's on my laptop so I'll PM it to you later if you want.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I've been trying to get my hands on a Wii for awhile, but they are always out of stock!
    Here is a good tracking site-

Nintendo Wii Hunter - Realtime in stock Nintendo Wii tracker

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Woohooo! Thanks for the tip! We would love (re: I would love, BF thinks it's lame) a Wii but can never find one when we have the money (and I don't look when we don't!!!). When we make the final decision (probably for a special occasion) we'll probably hit the Nintendo store at the crack of dawn to get it.

The problem I encounter is that the stores "sell out" and by that I mean take for themselves and friends or customers who have been pre-notified, the one or two they get every week or other week, so if that just contains shipping info, I already know that and it does no good.

I really want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the Wii Fit!

We have every platform for gaming except this one: the XBox360 (mostly my domain) the PS3 (unfortunately, use it more for Blu-Ray discs than gaming), the DS (for the little one), and the humongous over-clocked, over-sized, quad-core PC for the Master General (or Commander or whatever the heck he is today) over there.

I want the Wii.... I watch this board enviously... write more so I can live vicariously
    Could does not mean should

Here is the wii tracker that was recommend to me:

Nintendo Wii Tracker - Find Nintendo Wii In Stock Online
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

CCL

^ Both of those tracker sites are American it seems, unfortunately (unfortunately for the Canadians, that is).
    I've been trying to get my hands on a Wii for awhile, but they are always out of stock! There are always lots of games, the Fit, controllers, etc. but never a console! They only stock a few and they sell out within hours of arriving and they don't hold them for anyone...so it'll come down to luck in order to get one.

Anyway, I love the sound of the games (I'm a huge Mario fan) and am really looking forward to getting one! My only question: I've never seen Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii around here but everyone here seems to have it.....so it exists?? I've never played the game in my life but I'm seriously addicted to it ( does that make sense??) I'll be upset if I shell out $$ for a new game console and I can't play Guitar Hero on it.
    I'm the opposite, Spoose - I can find the console easily but not the Fit. Anyhow, they do have Guitar Hero for Wii. I don't know about number 3 or anything - haven't played any of the versions myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo
    got ours last week. we only have 2 games (one included in the wii box, wiisports, and another with additional remote, wiiplay) we're looking to add some more but i'm hooked on bowling and tennis! I enjoy this! am going to check out wiifit eventually... (glad it supporting up to 300lbs... cuz i'm a big guy! )
    Bowling and tennis are my two favourite games on Wii Sports, too. Especially tennis.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've been trying to get a console for over a year now. One of my son's friends has been on the lookout for me and told me today that one of the Walmarts in my area had several. And I was just there this morning and they didn't have any! So I ran up there (okay, I drove ) and finally got one! My son won't be home from school until next weekend so it will stay in the box probably until he can hook it up. I'm really looking forward to getting the Wii fit.

Does anyone have the Dance revolution? I'd like to try that for two main reasons: 1) I'm totally uncoordinated when it comes to dancing (think Elaine on Seinfeld) and thought this might help 2) I thought it might be good exercise, which I desperately need.

Anyway, I'm excited to finally have this elusive system .

Congrats on finding on Archiefan!! And thanks to those who posted tracking links, but I don't think they apply in Canada.

We were going to head to Walmart last night to have a peek but I didn't feel like going. We went today and (of course) found out that a shipment came in last night but they were all gone by this morning. Foiled again! I guess the struggle to get one will make it that much more fun when we finally get it! And Dance Revolution would be a good idea for me, too! I think it would be a ton of fun! (and good exercise ).
    Don't let the small things sweat

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3053893;
    Does anyone have the Dance revolution?
    You know, I'm not sure if DDR is out for the Wii. I'd imagine it would be, but I didn't find it on Nintendo's website. Maybe it's a Playstation affiliate?

Ooh, I did see this on the site, though, and I'm excited:

Rock Band, coming out June 22nd. If you're not familiar with the title, this is like Guitar Hero, but you can also do drums and vocals in addition to guitar and bass.

This is not optional. I will have to get this and shrilly screech out vocals on Rush's "Tom Sawyer."

Edit: Official site with song list: Rock Band
    Last edited by Mantenna; 06-12-2008 at 09:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread