+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Re: The Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

Yes the Wii is cheaper. About $250 without games. A lot of stores sell packages that include games and of course those will be higher.

The 360 elite (comes w/hard drive) was around $500 w/o games and then they have 2 other models with less capabilities for less. We really enjoy the 360 internet playing.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Newbie

Yep, we've got a wii, very fun

anyone hear about the fuss caused over the wii fit calling someone fat?

We have a Wii too and love it. We have the basic Wii Play and Wii Sports also Guitar Hero III. We like the bowling. I wouldn't mind having Wii Fit but it is sold out here too. Haven't seen too many games that spark my interest.

In addition to Wii Sports and Wii Play... we also loved the Marble game where you have to balance marbles through innumerous mazes. Mario Galaxy is huge with the 8 year old. Wii Carnival Games was fun. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics had several fun games, but I was so uncoordinated.

But I have to say that our fairly recent addiction is Mario Kart! Love love love that game. And I also love that you can play against anyone.. Worldwide, Regional, or against your friends (wherever they might be.) It's a blast.

We just bought the Indiana Jones Lego game as it is reviewed very highly, but I haven't played that one yet.

karna Try a bunch of them out at your local Blockbuster. Some that I thought wouldn't be fun at all turned out to be a good time. And vice versa.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I don't own a Wii (I own a PS3), but my brother does, and we play games together sometimes. Smash Bros Brawl is our favorite, and we are playing Lego Indiana Jones co-op right now, which is a lot of fun.

I have a Wii and love it. I have Wii Sports, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart, DDR and Wii Fit. Mantenna, I've had trouble with the balance games too, especially at the beginning. I am getting more used to it. With the soccer heading I started out with only a pathetic 12 or 14 points, finally I got somewhere over 100. I am absolutely horrible at the tight-rope walking.

I've never figured out how to use the Virtual console and I've had it since it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3045163;
    In addition to Wii Sports and Wii Play... we also loved the Marble game where you have to balance marbles through innumerous mazes. Mario Galaxy is huge with the 8 year old. Wii Carnival Games was fun. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics had several fun games, but I was so uncoordinated.
    Geez, I'm uncoordinated for the Olympics game, too. It probably didn't help that I played as Dr. Robotnik every time, but I can't go betraying the Eggman. That trampoline event seemed to be pretty easy, but for the rest, I basically made a fool of myself.

I don't own Mario Galaxy, myself, but I've played it on a friend's machine and really enjoyed it.

karna Try a bunch of them out at your local Blockbuster. Some that I thought wouldn't be fun at all turned out to be a good time. And vice versa.
    Absolutely. That's how I found out about Warioware, which I believe to be the ultimate party game. Basically, all you do is do what the screen tells you to do. It's very intuitive and, basically, seizure-inducing fun. Conversely, I tried the new Sonic game and hated it, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple;3045307;
    I have a Wii and love it. I have Wii Sports, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart, DDR and Wii Fit. Mantenna, I've had trouble with the balance games too, especially at the beginning. I am getting more used to it. With the soccer heading I started out with only a pathetic 12 or 14 points, finally I got somewhere over 100. I am absolutely horrible at the tight-rope walking.

I've never figured out how to use the Virtual console and I've had it since it came out.
    Heh. When I tried the soccer heading game, I believe I hit more shoes and panda heads than actual balls. And then I fell to my death on the tight-rope. Talk about a rough day!

To access the VC, you have to connect your Wii to the internet (which can be tricky), probably perform a system update, and then you can buy the games from the "Wii Shop" channel. I believe the prices are $6 for NES games, $8 for SNES, Sega Genesis, Neo Geo, and TurboGrafx 16 games, and $10 for N64 games. A word of warning, though . . . some of the Sega games are hard to play with the classic controller (which is basically like an SNES controller).

Here's a complete list of games available on the VC thus far.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

We have a Wii too...we even had a Wii tournament for the whole family about 2 weeks ago...I'll have to post a pic of the T-shirts we had made up!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

We (my boyfriend and I) have owned the Wii since it came out. We both looooove it and hug it regularly, lol!

We did end up getting a carrying case for it since everywhere we go we get asked to take it with us. We haven't gotten the WiiFit yet since both of us have been very busy with work but as soon as one of the local shops gets some in stock we are going to be all over it! I even have my mom interested in buying one just so she can get the WiiFit, lol!

I do recommend, to that anyone who doesn't already have it or does have it, that you invest in rechargeable batteries or the charging station. Its much more economical to plug the batteries in at the end of the day instead of having to replace the batteries all the time.

I've been trying to get my hands on a Wii for awhile, but they are always out of stock! There are always lots of games, the Fit, controllers, etc. but never a console! They only stock a few and they sell out within hours of arriving and they don't hold them for anyone...so it'll come down to luck in order to get one.

Anyway, I love the sound of the games (I'm a huge Mario fan) and am really looking forward to getting one! My only question: I've never seen Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii around here but everyone here seems to have it.....so it exists?? I've never played the game in my life but I'm seriously addicted to it ( does that make sense??) I'll be upset if I shell out $$ for a new game console and I can't play Guitar Hero on it.
    Don't let the small things sweat

+ Reply to Thread