+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's hear it for the FORT writers

FORT Fogey

Let's hear it for the FORT writers

We all read the recaps of our favorite shows here and although we appreciate the fine writing and we laugh at the humorous descriptions, I don't think we fully realize how much work goes into the actual craft of writing about them.

All of these wonderful people give up hours of time to watch, take notes, revise, rewind, edit and god knows what else to produce marvelous pieces of work week after week solely for our entertainment.

I joined the FORT because I was so impressed by the writing. Props here to lurkinggirl whose "Meet My Folks" recap (the Calderones) got me hooked immediately. I had actually missed this episode and her writing made it come to life for me. I subsequently sent her an appreciative email, and she was gracious enough to respond.

Some of us do say how much we enjoyed the recaps and Paulie's precaps and the team efforts (Standing in the Shadows etc.), but I think the writers here deserve more.

I have been thinking of doing this for quite some time, and I have finally managed to eke it out.

WRITERS OF THE FORT, BRAVISSIMO! WELL DONE!

FORT Fogey
    Let me add my appreciation on this thread as well. The writing is entertaining and a testament of how good it is happens when I can't get half way through it without making mental notes of the parts I want to quote and address.

Also, in the last few days I've spoken to several FORT writers in the chatroom and they are just as cool on the fly.

And I'm not just saying this to attract attention to the fact I had only two responses to my opus Family Circus -- Samba Style thread in the Survivor forum.

I'm definitely in awe of the talent the writers here possess. I'm just the janitor - they're the reason we're here.

I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite though, because I even enjoy the ones for the shows I don't watch (Bill's MBA recaps being a prime example of that).

Fade to black
    Yep, lobeck's recaps of American Idol brought me here. Well done to all of you!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Leo
    Premium Member
    To all the writers:

I bow down and worship thee.

I have to say that the recaps, precaps, and other articles always put a smile on my face. Heck, most of those have me laughing out loud most of the time.

Paulie and Fluff were the first one's to impress me with their writings, but I have to say that all the FORT writers are so talented.

I always read the recaps and other articles of the shows I watch. They are such an enjoyment to read. Keep up the great job!

to all the FORT writers.

Bravissimo, FoRT scribes!

I'll leave the eloquent stuff to you guys...I just want to say thanks for all the hard work you put into your craft.

THANK YOU!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Before this slips off Page One, I wanted to take an opportunity to say thanks for this very thoughtful thread. I'm just one of many, but I am certain all of us who do write articles for the FORT are very flattered and pleased to hear great positive feedback like this. It was very nice of you, CG, to take the time to say something so nice. I appreciate it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT writers are the bee's knees!

Princess
    What first brought me here was Paulie's precaps and Fluff's recaps, and I'm eternally (well - a long time anyway) grateful for that!! Later I have enjoyed eny's recaps of The Bachelor, JR's recaps of Fear Factor, and Lobeck's recaps of AI, which are shows I don't even watch, but the recaps are hilarious so I read them anyway. Then I started watching TAR and read LGs/BFs virtual recaps, and they were just great as well! Not to mention Bambi's diaries, etc etc etc....
    I have to say that there is an extraordinary collection of excellent writers here, with a great sense of humour!

Thanks all of you!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast