+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's hear it for the FORT writers

Originally posted by John
    I'm definitely in awe of the talent the writers here possess. I'm just the janitor - they're the reason we're here.

I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite though, because I even enjoy the ones for the shows I don't watch (Bill's MBA recaps being a prime example of that).

Obviously I can't claim the janitor part though.

But I would like to throw my 2 cents in around John posting the news items, etc and keeping the site going (I know this is in another thread also, but you can't give enough praise when its due.)

LG.
    OMG, CaliGirl, it was so nice of you to start this thread. I didn't see it until you'd mentioned it in chat today, as I think it was posted on the weekend and I'm really only online at work. SHHHHHHHHH, don't tell my boss, I write my recaps at my desk at work.

I read all of the articles posted here. There are some very different writing styles, and have to say that there is not a weak link in the chain (and not in a Butch on survivor kind of chain, either). And thanks so much to the folks who volunteer to recap "not so very popular" shows, as that gives the FORT an edge over websites that only recap the top couple of reality tv shows. If there isn't a specific forum, they usually show up in the "Other Reality TV" forum, so be sure to check there (and the "Official News" forum, where the articles from the front page are posted).

It's so nice to be at a website where readers appreciate the writing. *warm fuzzies* Thanks!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'll chime in with my thanks as well. Like John, I enjoy reading the recaps even for the shows I don't watch. They're so good that I feel like I've watched the show after all when I'm done reading them!

Again, thanks to you, CaliGirl, for setting up this thread and to all of you for your kinds words for all of us writers. This place ROCKS!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree, thanks to CaliGirl for thinking of starting this thread.

It's definitely a blast writing stuff for the FORT, but the real benefit is knowing people are reading and enjoying them.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey

To the best and coolest writers on the 'net

I love you guys, you're awesome!

OMG, I vowed I would never use that sentence again, but dammit, rules are made for breaking.

We have recappers here?

Thanks for the nice thread CG!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Thanks so much to Cali Girl for starting this thread.
    It's really encouraging for the writers to get such postitive feedback.

I think most of the writers here ever really intended to write for a site when they started posting, they basically just decided to give it a go.
    I think that makes the excellent standard of writing even more impressive.
    "That's Numberwang!"

...Or had their arms twisted by me until they cried Uncle.

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    I'd like to express my appreciation to all of the writers also. Would it be possible to have an area on the site where the writers are profiled - maybe with pictures?

Like one of those profiles they do to catch serial killers, complete with the mug shots they took when we were booked, you mean?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12