+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How old were you when you started dating?

MRD

Re: How old were you when you started dating?

[QUOTE=RubyPhoenix;3036825;]Thanks a lot for all the advice ladies.

All of you have really encouraged me and have made me feel far from abnormal now. I'll try to keep in mind all of your advice and stories the next time I'm feeling down.

Thanks, AshleyPSU, it's also nice to hear good stuff from someone who is in the same stage of life as me.

I'm young, happy, and single.
    Now I just got to start remembering it more, and stop letting everyone else get to me.[/QUOTE]

That is the key to life. It took me into my late 30's to figure that out. The sooner you figure it out, the longer and happier your life will be.
    Make yourself happy first and everything else will fall into place. And there will ALWAYS be critics, but the key is to not let them get to you. When you know that YOU are doing your best, you are being the best you can be, that you are content and happy, even the harshest critics won't be able to faze you.
    Because honestly, only YOU can make yourself content and happy. Others cannot do it for you. And when you do find someone you want to be in a relationship with, if he doesn't support your happiness and contentment, then he isn't the right one.

But when you yourself make yourself happy, then you'd be amazed at the people that want to be your friend or want to be around you and maybe even date you. People are drawn to people that are outwardly content and happy. It is a lesson that took me a long time to learn.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: How old were you when you started dating?

I got married at 33, smartest thing for me. All my friends were married and have either divorced or seperated. If I had of married this man when I was younger we would not be together today. We learn SO much as we age. Being young and single is not a sentence it is an opportunity to learn & grow. Take care.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123