+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seattle Breast Cancer 3-Day

Seattle Breast Cancer 3-Day

Yes, I'm doing it again! I’ve signed up to walk in the 2008 Breast Cancer 3-Day in Seattle, September 12 – 14.

This year is a little different though, and I have even more reason to walk. You may remember that I participated in my first Breast Cancer 3-Day last year after my sister, Pam was diagnosed with breast cancer in February 2007. What you may not know though is that after going through six months of chemotherapy, and less than a week after finishing radiation, we found out that Pam's cancer has spread to her brain and her lungs. She has already been through so much, and is now having to start treatment all over again. She’s currently undergoing radiation for the second time to try to shrink the seven tumors they found on her brain. Once done with radiation, she’ll then have to go through chemotherapy again.

Last year’s 3-Day was a truly incredible experience for me. I ended up raising $5,300.00, and I was lucky enough to have my sister and her husband, my parents and my brother all here from Southern California to show their support and to cheer me on. For me though, the best part of last year’s 3-Day was on day 3 when I knew I’d walked all 60 miles, and then I had the honor of crossing the Finish Line holding my sister’s hand while she proudly displayed her bald head.

Just in case you missed my account of last year's walk, follow this link to visit my personal page, where you can read about my first 3-Day experience in my blog and see a picture of me and Pam. This event isn’t easy, and even though I know what I’m getting myself into this time around, I wouldn’t be doing it for a second time if I wasn’t 100% sure that the training walks, the achy muscles, the blisters, having to wait in line for an hour to take a shower, and camping out in a pink tent were worth it. In my eyes, this is the least I can do.

Now is where you come in. I hope you will join in supporting me as I make this amazing journey for the second time in the fight against breast cancer for my sister and every other woman, man and child that has been affected by this disease. I would like to surpass the $5,300.00 that you - my family and friends - gave so generously last time around to help fight breast cancer.

Thank you in advance for your generosity, and please feel free to pass this on to your family and friends who you think would also like to make a donation to support me and this great cause.

If you have any questions or want to hear more about what I'm doing, I love talking about the event. Thank you for all of your support. I'm incredibly lucky to have people like you in my life!

Sincerely,

Jette

P.S. Don't wait - donate today!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Re: Seattle Breast Cancer 3-Day

Jette, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's continued battle with cancer. My prayers are with you. And congratulations to you on your commitment to this event for a second year. You are AWESOME! What a beautiful picture of the two of you together! I can't do much but I'll make a small donation to help you on your way. Best wishes to you and your family!

Re: Seattle Breast Cancer 3-Day

Homeontherange...

THANK YOU so much for your donation. I felt this cause was important even before my sister was diagnosed, but now it's hit home and has become even more important to me. Please know your donation makes a difference and will help in finding a cure for this terrible disease.

+ Reply to Thread