+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dating out of your age bracket

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Dating out of your age bracket

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2982398;
    Newf.... are you sure you aren't my dad? He says if he ever leaves my mom (which... is not very likely to happen lol) he will never EVER get into another relationship lol.

And I don't particularly see anything wrong with dating out of your age bracket. Well, within reason. If you're 18-21, I don't think you should date somebody who's more than 5 years older than you. Mostly because, atleast for me, you're still somewhat in the "kid" and "high school" mentality. But once you start counting the years untill you think, "omg only ___ years untill I'm 30!", then it's fair game. While it's not a romantic relationship, there is a group of about 5 people I am close friends with online, and I am the youngest by about 10 years. Besides, I always try to believe that you fall in love with a person's soul, not their body. But then that may be the over romantic 25 year old girl in me
    I'd have to agree with you on this one. I'm 24, and I wouldn't date anyone more than 3 years younger than me at this point. There is too much of a jump in the under 21/over 21 relationship (in my opinion anyway). As far as someone older than me, at this point in my life I'm still stuck in the "age matters to a certain degree" mindset. I think it's because I'm in my mid 20s and I want someone who can go through this crazy and fun time in my life right along with me. I'm pretty well established (I have a job, apartment, etc) but I'm definitely not thinking of having kids for a long time and I don't want to cheat someone out of that if they are older and ready for a family. I suppose if I met the right person, age wouldn't matter, but for now, I am into the under 30 bracket.
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2982398;
    Besides, I always try to believe that you fall in love with a person's soul, not their body. But then that may be the over romantic 25 year old girl in me
    I'm almost 46 and I still believe the same thing. They either love you for who you are and not how old you are, what you look like, how much you weigh or how much money you have.

However, I am marrying for money next time around.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2984435;
    As far as someone older than me, at this point in my life I'm still stuck in the "age matters to a certain degree" mindset. .
    I'm about to be 48, and have been with the same (3 year younger) guy for 15 years now. Still, if anything ever happened in that department and I wanted to date again, I don't know if I'd be comfortable with anyone more tan 5 years off either way. I did occasionally date men a lot (10-30 years) older than me when I was in my 20's, but will admit now I wasn't ever really attracted to them, they just seemed to go to better places and had more money. Shallow, I know--and I would never do that now. Of course I have my own money now, nor am I a sweet young thing that old guys wish to be seen with
    These things are different for everyone, you know.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

This is all very comforting and reassuring! I'm so glad everyone is sharing their opinions and personal experiences He's definitely not the kind that would trade me out, I'm quite sure that this is my own mind trying to sabatoge a perfectly sensible relationship lol! It's what I do.

I'd like to think that society is past that stigma but I can't help but cringe when we are out and about to order drinks, wondering if the waitress will 'not card me' and 'card him'.

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

EEEk...looking at my last post, I forgot to point out that it's not so much appearance that has kept me from finding older guys attractive, it's what someone else stated upthread--I'm just more comfortable when I have at least sort of the same time frame growing up and so forth; it gives me some common experience to draw on. Younger guys mostly make me feel old!
    too old--my music is 'noise', I don't act enough like women they are used to, don't like that I work with a bunch of men only,etc.
    Too young--mention American Bandstand, Pet Rocks, etc. and get a blank stare--my turn to give the blank stare when they talk about video games and rap music.

I'm not sayin I would never ever--just very probably not.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12