+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mother's day gift ideas

Mother's day gift ideas

Hey mother's day is coming. I want to buy a gift for my mother, something useful or something with special meanings. Any good ideas, waht do you intend to buy for your mother??

Re: Mother's day gift ideas

I don't live near my mother who is an active gardener, but my brother does, so one year I sent him money to buy her a bunch of annuals (he made it his present, too, without contributing any extra money, but whatever) and she was thrilled. I know that's what would float my boat. This year I'm getting her a Q-ray bracelet (for her arthritis) because she requested one. Another year I went through the grocery store looking for things she wouldn't buy herself - Knorr flavoring packets, chocolate dipped biscotti, etc. and made a basket of it. She seemed to really like that, too. If you live near her, you could always do the "coupon book" of chores she would appreciate, but since I don't know if people actually cash those in, you could just go to her house and do whatever she needed done (slave for a day). If she's a reader, you could give her a gift certificate to Amazon.com or if she's not computer savy - to a local bookstore.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gift certificates for a manicure or pedicure or massage.

I know I would like those and they are things that often we don't do for ourselves.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My mom is hard to buy for. My sister and I have decided to get her an edible arrangement. This company makes "flower" arrangements out of fruit.

Edible ArrangementsĀ® Delicious Fresh Fruit Baskets & Gift Bouquets
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Both my boyfriend's mom and my mom have passed away so we're spending the day putting flowers on my mom's grave where she was buried and the place where she died and worked. The place she worked at put a in memory of her flower garden and we always go over there. and then seeing his mom's grave and up to Ferdinand,in where his mom and dad used to go all the time and the people that owned it, made a bench in memory of her. and then we will probably spend the rest of the night with his step-mom.

Getting her flowers probably from ProFlowers.com and a card.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2937626;
    My mom is hard to buy for. My sister and I have decided to get her an edible arrangement. This company makes "flower" arrangements out of fruit.

Edible ArrangementsĀ® Delicious Fresh Fruit Baskets & Gift Bouquets
    I've sent these to my aunt and she just LOVES them. At 85, she doesn't need anything so I decided to do this for her birthday last year and I've sent her a couple more since then. She likes that she has enough to share with the others in her assisted living facility.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I agree Gut! I usually try to make a couple of hanging moss baskets with annuals on Mother's Day. I just love doing it and I get some alone time. Gardeners are easy to buy for in May.

Does she have front porch if so get her some wind chimes.

I think I might take my mom to get a massage, if she wants it. She has cancer but is doing ok with it, but I bet the massage would be relaxing!
    Her birthday is the same day, so I reckon the whole family will get together to eat.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

When I filled out my massage release at one of the spas one of the questions was did I have cancer. There was something about having cancer and not being able to have specific types of massages. I don't know what truth/validity there is to that, but before you take her you might want to just make sure that she'll be able to have whichever massages available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast