+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mother's day gift ideas

FORT Fogey

Re: Mother's day gift ideas

I was just thinking about this today. My parents have everything and what they don't have I can't afford.
    Right now my plan is to get her a gift card from Trader Joe's and a couple of the Trader Joe's reusable bags, I am going to go all out and get the expensive insulted ones!
    I might think of something better/different in the next few days!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2940108;
    I was just thinking about this today. My parents have everything and what they don't have I can't afford.
    Right now my plan is to get her a gift card from Trader Joe's and a couple of the Trader Joe's reusable bags, I am going to go all out and get the expensive insulted ones!
    I might think of something better/different in the next few days!
    Umm, maybe she would rather have the insulated one instead of the insulted ones!

I have my niece's bday this Saturday, my granddaughter's next Tues., my daughter's bday on May 10th and then Mother's Day on the 11th which is also one of my BIL's bdays. When it rains it pours!

I'm doing the food basket thing this year. My parents have a cocktail and a snack every night while they watch Wheel of Fortune This year, their kitchen is being remodeled and the only appliance left is the fridge which is now in their garage. So, I thought I'd get them some cheese and crackers and stuff like that. We don't have Trader Joe's here, but we do have Whole Foods.

My in-laws will be visiting from California the first weekend in May. Mr. Doxie's brother and his fiance will be here from NYC as well. So, we are planning an early Mother's Day brunch for both of our moms. For now, I am leaving the MIL gift up to Mr. Doxie and his brother, but I most likely will be the one out hunting for something next week!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2940171;
    I'm doing the food basket thing this year. My parents have a cocktail and a snack every night while they watch Wheel of Fortune
    Ahhh...life's simple pleasures Your parents sound adorable doxie.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2940189;
    Ahhh...life's simple pleasures Your parents sound adorable doxie.
    I always joke with my parents that I hope nothing happens to me between 6:30 and 7:00 when Wheel is on. They won't answer the phone! They also have a crazy dog (Springer Spaniel) who recognizes the Wheel Of Fortune theme song and runs to the television because he gets a snack too and then gets his supper as soon as the show is over.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2940240;
    I always joke with my parents that I hope nothing happens to me between 6:30 and 7:00 when Wheel is on. They won't answer the phone! They also have a crazy dog (Springer Spaniel) who recognizes the Wheel Of Fortune theme song and runs to the television because he gets a snack too and then gets his supper as soon as the show is over.
    This reminds me of the movie Rainman.

I just saw a wine at Whole Foods called "Bitch". I didn't buy it, but I was intrigued. Been trying to think of someone that I could give it too.
    Maybe if any of you aren't thrilled with your MIL you could give her that on Mother's day. (just joking).

My birthday and Mother's day are in the same week. I've been dropping hints like crazy around here. (I'll probably get the Bitch wine. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's hard to go wrong with a bottle of cheap whiskey and a box of shotgun shells
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

or chocolate (unless there are known health reasons)

I think I would just appreciate anything... card, flowers, etc.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2940549;
    It's hard to go wrong with a bottle of cheap whiskey and a box of shotgun shells
    Boy nothing says Happy Mother's Day than that, Newf!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well I am going to buy myself something for Mother's Day since my mother and my grandmother are both gone. I think I'm going to get some daisy and tie them to balloons to send into the air for them and buy myself the darn Ped Egg I've been wanting for a couple months now!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast