+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mental Detox Week= Turnoff Week

Re: Mental Detox Week= Turnoff Week

I do it too, hepcat...no computers, phone, music, etc. for me on vacation. I might turn on the Weather Channel right before bed or for a minute in the am, but that's about all. Many times I get accomodations with no tv or phone, and I never even think about the computer unless I use one at the library whereever I am, to check in for my flight home.
    It's a nice break, paying attention to the real world! I'm thinking of spending a couple of nights tent camping in May, and not even in a real campground but just in the National Forest. I need it bad!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Sorry...I couldn't do any of that...love my TV, computer both at work and home, phone...I'll lend supportive thoughts to ya'll tho!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Can't do it either. I can live without the phone, and actually haven't answered the one at home more than ten times in the past two decades (I could kiss whoever invented the answering machine). I could live without the computer but my bosses insist that I don't. However, they're going to have to pry the remote from my cold, dead hand. Particularly this week. Not watch the final episodes of BB? Even though it's the worst season ever? No sir, not happening. Not to mention BATG, DWTS, AMSM and ANTM, and I must watch the follow up to the best episode of Survivor this season. All this is why I joined Fans of Reality TV in the first place .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2933119;
    We do this in the summer in my family except we call it "camping."

I can live without the phone. I can even live without the computer outside of work. But no TV for a week (if I'm not otherwise occupied as hepcat suggested)? We'd go batty in my house. Every night it would be silent, us sitting around staring at each other, probably crickets chirping in the background. You can only play "Beat the Parents" so many times before you give up and realize that the parents can never win that stupid game.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I can't turn off the computer, I wouldn't get paid. Don't do video games but don't even try to take my tv....I would probably bite you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Hey that sounds like a good idea, although it's kind of tough because hubby is watching the news, and where I work my pts. tend to have the tv on.

MRD

I could turn the tv off and tivo the shows that week for watching later. But right now there are only 3 MUST see shows for me that I don't want to miss. I've gotten really disgusted with tv lately.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I couldn't do it Thursday... FAR too many new shows coming on Thursday to give up I feel like such a cheapo caving to the pressures of tv this thursday, but Ugly Betty, Lost, Grey's, CSI, The Office, etc.. It's all too much. I couldn't give up the Internet either. I use my cell phone far less than ever but that's really about it.

Yeah tonight was a killer TV night.....AI, BB, DWTS, Hell's Kitchen, and the RHONY! And I wonder why I am up late at night catching up with the shows I DVR'd! I can't really give up reality TV......or the FORT and other places I check out online.

My cellphone is mainly used for getting/keeping in touch with the kids. I think I only used 14 out of plan daytime minutes last month on the cellie!

Oddly though, when we are on vacation, I do not miss the PC. TV is hit or miss...if we are in at night and something is on, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2940153;

Oddly though, when we are on vacation, I do not miss the PC. TV is hit or miss...if we are in at night and something is on, fine.
    I never miss the electronics when we're on vacation.....the only machine I go near is the ATM
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast