+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Acts of Kindness

Random Acts of Kindness

Post your random acts of Kindness here as you give them! If we share, we'll get some great ideas!

Remember to pass them on....

Well, I did my acts of kindness for this week!

I was getting gas at the Domo (not the bathroom ) and saw an elderly lady trying to maneouver her car, I thought, into one of the line-ups for gas. But when I motioned for her to continue, she just straightened out and drove past me. After I finally made it to the pumps, I look in front of me and there she is. Parked patiently in a parking spot, waiting for all the cars to go so she could drive safely to the pump. I don't think she knew how to back up so the gas cap was on the gas pump side. And cars just kept driving through both sides. I asked the two young guys who just got behind me a favor to let the little elderly lady in before they got their gas. They didn't mind at all. And I asked the gas server to make sure that when I left, she could drive up and get her gas as she's been waiting for 1/2 hr and 8-10 cars have been through. Then I ran up to her car and she unrolled her window (old car). I told her my plan for her to sneak right in and be next and it was all set for her. You should have seen her big smile and heard her happy thank you. I felt so good.

Then, I was talking to the lady at the table selling Walmart cards, and suggested she apply for a cleaning job at the hotel my sinister works at. She would make more money than at Walmart and she had a second job cleaning offices that she pre-ferred. She was a senior citizen and really needed the work.

The next day, I went back to Walmart to get a couple of the new Michaelina's frozen entrees for my Mom and Dad to try. They are bigger and cost almost the same. At least while they are promoting them. While I was at the freezer section, I told the girl next to me who was stacking a lot of little Michaelina's in her cart. She couldn't believe the deal on the new ones and put the old ones back!

Then, when I was still in Walmart, I let a lady with a small basket of stuff ahead of me because I had a lot of little items that would take me more time to unload than it would for her to run through the till. She just about kissed me!

I had to go straight home then. All that niceness was gonna kill me!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

Miss Kitty, you have some good karma coming your way.

The woman in front of me at the gas station yesterday was short 2 pennies and was all flustered saying she would look in her car. I said "I'll get it. I'm always putting my 2 cents worth in anyway." She got a good chuckle and thanked me.

I also was standing on the sidewalk Wed. night waiting on my husband downtown and a homeless guy walked by muttering that he sure would like a cup of coffee. Because I figured that he would go buy alcohol, I asked him, you REALLY want coffee? He said yes. I said, wait here. And I ran into Port City Java and bought him a large coffee and a muffin. He was THRILLED. Then hubby came out and I asked him for his cigerettes and took out 3 and gave them to the guy (yeah, I know, how is THAT helping, but the guy had also been muttering about picking up cig. butts off the street and smoking them).

Oh and 2 weeks ago, we happened to be at happy hour and a young soldier came in with friends, so we sent a drink over to his table and told the waitress to tell him "thanks for serving your country." He came over and was so polite and nice and thanked us.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A few weeks ago we went to Tim Horton's drive thru and the person in front of us gave the girl at the window an extra $2 and told her to take it off our bill.
    We told her to do the same for the people behind and know the people behind told her to do the same for the people behind them because we could hear them through her head set while we were waiting to pick up our drinks.
    Such a small gesture but a kind one too, bearing in mind you can get a coffee and doughnut in Tim's for not much more than $2 in the first place.
    I'd like to think that $2 got passed on all day.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2896352;
    Miss Kitty, you have some good karma coming your way...
    Ah, and so do you I see! I love all those examples!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    ..I'd like to think that $2 got passed on all day!
    So do I! That's how it starts. Somebody has to just start it going!

I wonder what I can do today....hmmmm. If I can get my snowblower going, maybe I'll do the whole corner for my neighbor! Mind you, she still owes me dinner for the last time I did it at -40C

I haven't done anything lately, but I always do little treats for my friends. Be it baking, some chocolate, a simple little email. They really seem to appreciate it.

Sometimes for strangers I'll help them in the mall or the grocery store. I know there's times when it's frustrating not being able to reach something. I don't tend to do big things, just little.

I'm sure I'm not even aware of the full extent of my daily random acts of kindness... I teach middle school in an area with the state's worst child abuse statistics. I have every student every year, so I greet them by name in the morning, smile at them as they pass in the halls, and make sure my classroom is a safe zone. I give them a lot of leeway where other teachers would come down hard on them, but I also establish clear limits and expectations. I try to set an example for them on a lot of different levels.
    Count your blessings!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Sometimes I think its the little thoughtful things that mean the most to people. I was at the zoo one day and there was a teenage girl who didn't have enough for a bottle of water out of the machine (they are a little pricey there!). So I handed her some change and she was so excited. She thanked me profusely and gave me a big hug. It was awesome. Sometimes we can get as much out of it as the person on the other end of the act of kindness. And sometimes what seems like a small thing to us can be a huge thing to the other person.

canadian_angel, Gutmutter, homeonetherange:

It is the little things that really count! A smile or a wave can change a person or child's entire day!

Soooooo, here..

How true it is misskitty. The little things make all the difference. The more I think about it the more that the sentiment rings true. All the little things are what make people realize how truly they're appreciated.

Like today, my mom spent the entire afternoon with me reading food labels at various stores to find foods that fit into my diet/lifestyle change. She spent more money on various foods than she probably would otherwise, but she did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2897575;
    ...Like today, my mom spent the entire afternoon with me reading food labels at various stores to find foods that fit into my diet/lifestyle change. She spent more money on various foods than she probably would otherwise, but she did it for me.
    Now that's LOVE from a great MOM!! Lucky You!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast