+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Acts of Kindness

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

I am so blessed with one of the most amazing Moms ever. In the world. Period. She's absolutely the most wonderful lady. Her courage and strength is bar none. I could write a book on her. She's my role model.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2898603;
    I am so blessed with one of the most amazing Moms ever. In the world. Period. She's absolutely the most wonderful lady. Her courage and strength is bar none. I could write a book on her. She's my role model.
    That is wonderful and I'm sure she knows you appreciate her. Tell her often.

In fact, maybe you could write a short story (to be worked into a book later maybe??) and give it to her for mother's day. Believe me, that would be a wonderful gift. Even better than flowers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What I've done is every time I've come home and before I've gone back I've written her a letter expressing my love, thanks, feelings, etc for her. I've definitely made her cry on many an occasion because of them. I've started telling her more and more because I'm realizing just how important she is to me and how vital she was to my life since I was little. It's one of those things that's come with the wisdom of age. I'm a lucky daughter.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2900624;
    What I've done is every time I've come home and before I've gone back I've written her a letter expressing my love, thanks, feelings, etc for her. I've definitely made her cry on many an occasion because of them. I've started telling her more and more because I'm realizing just how important she is to me and how vital she was to my life since I was little. It's one of those things that's come with the wisdom of age. I'm a lucky daughter.
    And she's a lucky mother. I am so glad that I was able to really get to know my mother better and develop a better relationship with her after my daughter was born. She died when my daughter was 10. And when we knew she was dying, I had a lot of really wonderful talks with her. But I shouldn't have had to wait to do it then. I should have done what you are doing.

You deserve kudos girl! You are really making your mom feel special and appreciated.

It took a kick in my pants of moving to really start changing my relationship with my mother. If you knew all the terrible crap I pulled, you'd know I don't deserve kudos, but rather a kick in the butt for taking so long to realize how much of an idiot I was. Thankfully, I did realize it now and mrd, regardless of when, you did get that time. I'm so glad you got it too. It's truly special.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2900651;
    It took a kick in my pants of moving to really start changing my relationship with my mother. If you knew all the terrible crap I pulled, you'd know I don't deserve kudos, but rather a kick in the butt for taking so long to realize how much of an idiot I was. Thankfully, I did realize it now and mrd, regardless of when, you did get that time. I'm so glad you got it too. It's truly special.
    We were all idiots and it took me a long time to realize it as well and treat my mother better.

And I'm waiting for my daughter to realize it too. I am thinking that it must be a natural progression for mothers and daughters as daughters become teens and young adults, etc. and finally wise up a bit.

All week mr buglover has been helping his friend who runs a school to learn computer short cuts, internet things, etc. He spent hours there on Wed and Fri. Upon leaving the school on Fri he stopped at the post office to check his PO box. As he walked out a woman backed up very quickly without looking right into an suv pushing in the entire back quarter panel and blowing out the tire of the suv. The man who got out of the suv was about 85 years old so mr buglover stood there with him while the woman exchanged information with him. When she left, he let the old man know that he needed to file a report with the police department because the damage was well over $500. The tire was blown and the jack that came with the suv wasn't large enough to raise it high enough to remove the tire. He grabbed a couple blocks from the van and changed the tire for the old man. He wanted to pay him, however my DH never accepts money for things like that. He told the man to drive to the police department to file a report and give them the woman's information as well as take pictures. He gave his witness report and was on his way. I love my DH!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2897125;
    I'm sure I'm not even aware of the full extent of my daily random acts of kindness... I teach middle school in an area with the state's worst child abuse statistics. I have every student every year, so I greet them by name in the morning, smile at them as they pass in the halls, and make sure my classroom is a safe zone. I give them a lot of leeway where other teachers would come down hard on them, but I also establish clear limits and expectations. I try to set an example for them on a lot of different levels.

I think that you are a PEFECT example of kindness. Those kids may not realize it now, but they will in a few years. They will remember your kind heart and how nice you were to them. I'm still in touch with my 3rd grade teacher. She is in a retirement home and she and I write little notes to each other and my husband and I visit her quite often. I still remember her being VERY patient when little Miss Doxie's left handed self could not master the art of cursive writing.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2931505;
    All week mr buglover has been helping his friend who runs a school to learn computer short cuts, internet things, etc. He spent hours there on Wed and Fri. Upon leaving the school on Fri he stopped at the post office to check his PO box. As he walked out a woman backed up very quickly without looking right into an suv pushing in the entire back quarter panel and blowing out the tire of the suv. The man who got out of the suv was about 85 years old so mr buglover stood there with him while the woman exchanged information with him. When she left, he let the old man know that he needed to file a report with the police department because the damage was well over $500. The tire was blown and the jack that came with the suv wasn't large enough to raise it high enough to remove the tire. He grabbed a couple blocks from the van and changed the tire for the old man. He wanted to pay him, however my DH never accepts money for things like that. He told the man to drive to the police department to file a report and give them the woman's information as well as take pictures. He gave his witness report and was on his way. I love my DH!

Bug, your hubby sounds like a great guy. Mine has done this for people quite a few times. He always says that when he's broken down or had a flat tire, people stop to help him, so he thinks its right to help back.

Yesterday, in the middle of a blizzard, I bundled myself up and I cleaned the front walks of two of my neighbors. I tried to clean the drive-way of my 3rd neighbor, but he wanted the exercise and was almost done. I know that they appreciate it. Unfortunately, I used all my gas in the snowblower so I couldn't do the same for them again today as I was clearing it all by hand.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast