+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The closest to death

never have been close to death.... well outside of that time when I was about 8 and almost drown, or that time when I was about 3 and stuck a bobby pin in an electric outlet, or that time when I was 15 and was accidently shot, or that time when I was 32 and got the measles and had a temperature of 104.9 and was in ICU for 4 days and 4 more days in regular recovery room. All in all, not much to add to the thread
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

gee, Ili, you realize you only have 5 lives left....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aptly_Named
    The closest I ever came was when I had surgery to repair a broken ankle about five years ago. I had been given Morphine, not knowing that I had an allergy to it... I was in a two bed room, and the lady next to me was having trouble sleeping - she heard me stop breathing and called the nurse. I woke up to about six people standing over me, putting me on oxygen and calling my name...

They put me in ICU overnight, and everything was ok. No more Morphine for me, though.
    That's sad. I broke my ankle 5 yrs ago, too. (You didn't break yours on labor day did you? That is when I did). Not allergic to Morphine, though. And I am glad of that, morphine is fun.

Other than that, no near death here. I am glad everyone else is ok, though. Scary stories.

Originally posted by cali
    gee, Ili, you realize you only have 5 lives left....
    4 actually, I forgot about the time when I was about 13 and swinging on a rope tied to a branch, hands slipped and I got tangled in the rope and basically hung myself. Was able to get loose but had a good rope burn around my neck for about a week or so.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12