+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nemeses

Nemeses

Hi again, everyone

I'm responding to some PM's I received since I posted on Sunday to let Nemeses' friends know what happened to her Saturday. First off, thank you for those PM's and making me feel welcomed here. I can see now why my friend loves being a part of your community, you are a very caring and friendly group here.

Second, I was asked to post an update when I could, so that's my purpose here today. She is still in the hospital recovering from the injuries she received, as well as the knee surgery. Although she is in a great deal of pain, she is recovering well and is hoping to go home by the end of the week. Last night when my wife was visiting her in the hospital, there was a group of nurses gathered in her room watching a show on tv, I believe it was the star's dancing show. My wife said she insisted they wait until the show was over before giving her the pain medicine that she needed.

One bit of news rather brightened the day of both Dawn (aka Nemeses) and her husband, as well as the rest of us who care about her, and that's that the drunk driver who hit their vehicle was caught on Sunday night. Apparently one of the other restaurant patrons who witnessed the accident was able to get the license plate number for the police, as well as a quickly snapped picture from a camera phone. The driver was arrested at his home the next day and admitted to the hit-and-run. We understand he had 9 DUI convictions on his record in the past 4 years. I'm not sure what will happen in the process with him now, though he's been arrested, but hopefully he'll get some jail time that he obviously deserves.

My wife and I will be going to visit Dawn/Nemeses in the hospital tonight, and one of those PM's I received about her here suggested I could let her know about all the good wishes and prayers sent her way by her friends here. I thought was was a wonderful idea, so I thought I'd stop by here again before we go there tonight and just print them out and take them to her. I'm sure it will brighten her spirits to read them. I read some of your wishes to her yesterday when I stopped by here, as well as the notes and wishes sent to her via my PM box, and it was gratifying to know people care about her. I wasn't certain if I should have posted what happened to her here, but I'm very glad I did, now.

So I will print out all the PM's sent to me and meant for her, as well as those posts I can find that were sending good wishes and prayers to her. One problem I have, however, and it's quite embarassing since I still don't know my way around here very well, is that I can't find where I put my post on Sunday letting people know what happened to Nemeses. I know that's where I read so many of your kind posts to her, but today there are about 30+ pages of unread posts since my last visit. Perhaps I'm just missing them, or don't understand how to use the Search feature correctly. Does anyone know which topic I posted that under so that I can find your posts to her and print them out later today?

Re: Nemeses

Here is the link to your original posting in Koffee Klatch -

FORT Koffee Klatch startnig with post 7975

and please add my wishes for a quick recovery and a fairly painless time coming up.
    I would also avoid my meds for DWTS.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Thank you for updating us. I am so glad the jerk was caught. Now, they need to throw his @ss in jail and forget where they have the key. I am glad she is doing better and she will continue to be in my prayers
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm at work so I can't type out a long post or PM for Nemeses right now but please let her know that I am sending her positive thoughts and lots of big hugs to her!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

How awful to be the victim of a drunk driver. jehraen, please send Nemeses my best wishes for her speedy recovery.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I cannot believe this idiot is still driving around with 9 DUI. Please give Nemeses my best wishes for a quick recovery.

9 DUIs? Holy moley.....what judge has allowed someone like that to continue to have a license? Chaps my hide big time! Speedy recovery prayers to Nemeses.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Thanks for the update and so GLAD they caught the guy. NINE DUI'S???? That'S just morally reprehensible that he was still driving and allowed to hurt someone so badly by his actions. I hope they throw the book at him and he gets some well deserved jail time.

Sounds like Nem is doing ok if she's watching DWTS and has the nurses watching too. But tell her that some of those dancers are painful to watch and the pain meds may actually make it better.

Also tell her I and Rosie, Bogie and Waldo (the doggies) wish her a very speedy recovery and that we miss her around here and are hoping she is well enough to get out of the hospital soon and back home and back on FORT.

And you are a great friend to be doing this for her (and for us, so we know what's going on).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

jehraen, thanks so much for keeping us updated. Please pass my well wishes along to Nemeses too.

jehraen, and thank you for posting about Nemeses. I'm so sorry to hear about her accident and send good thoughts and prayers her way for a speedy recovery. I hope this drunken 'accident' will finally be the one to put this idiot away for a long time. It definitely ceases to be an accident when one continues to insist on drinking and driving. Good grief, what's it take to get someone like this off the road?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast