+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nemeses

Re: Nemeses

Oh I definitely think he will be liable for Nemesis's medical bills....and the bill will be astronomical! Surgery, meds, x-rays, hospital stay for days and days. Nemesis may need physical therapy too.

So we know this idiot had no license and the car was not registered. Sounds to me like he would have no car insurance either! Does he have a job even?

A good lawyer is a must for Nemesis. Unfortunately, she may not see much payout from this guy. Glad her friends and family will be on hand for the sentencing. I hope the judge throws the book at him.

I am just catching up after a day away from the FORT and I'm very glad to hear that the drunk driver was caught. I hope he gets what he deserves, ten times over. It's always good to hear that justice is served. More importantly though, best wishes for a quick recovery for Nemeses. Feel better, and we'll miss you while you're recovering!

Count me in on those hoping for a speedy and full recovery for Nemeses.

A few years ago they had a really powerful campaign here about drunk driving (the limit is 0.02 procent, so it's basically a zero tolerance). The message that came across the screen was "The worst thing that can happen to you while driving under influence is not being caught by the police" followed by images of people who had been killed by drunk drivers. It truly was powerful and hopefully it got some people off the roads.

I hope that this guy will face the consequences of his actions, and learn something from all of this.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I hope the guy will be held accountable for his actions, both with jail time and financially, but if he already has 9 DUI's, I'm not going to hold my breath! The state needs to get their act together! Put these clowns away! They tend to drink anyway, drive a vehicle anyway,...it's time to put our feet down and say, STOP!!

I just saw this today. Please add me to the well-wishers for Nemeses' speedy and full recovery. I am sending prayers her way. I'll be looking forward to her fun and insightful posts on DWTS.
    Ditto everyone else on the drunk driver. Hope he is locked away for a very long time.

Any update on how Nemeses is doing?
    Yup, with donuts!!

bug, you beat me to it!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Any updates at all? Kinda getting worried that we haven't heard anything recently.

I'm hoping that no news is good news for Nemesis. I hope she is taking time to recover and get in some good healing snoozes!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Hi everyone

I am so very sorry for not giving you all an update until now. You see, in my career, I'm often called on to travel on a day's notice to distant shores, and that's what happened. I did return yesterday, and fortunately my wife reminded me that I need to come here to update Nemeses' friends. Again, my apologies for not getting back to you all sooner.

Nem, unfortunately, is still in the hospital, having run into some post-surgery problems with her right knee and leg. I don't have all the details, but I believe it was to do with a wee splinter of bone that had escaped during surgery and lodged itself where it did some damage that resulted in an infection and further surgery. I believe she'll be released early next week. Although she's had bad days during her recuperation, and obviously a good deal of pain, her spirits have remained high. The doctors feel she will recover well now, but have warned her it won't happen quickly, so she'll have to take it quite easy when she gets home. And knowing her husband and how they feel about each other, I know he'll make sure she gets all the rest, therapy, and anything else she needs, so she'll be in good hands.

I have read some of your posts about the multi-convicted DUI driver who was responsible for her injuries. I'm in total agreement with everything you've all said. It's unbelievable that someone with that many DUI convictions should be living anywhere but in a jail cell somewhere. Someone asked if his insurance would be paying for Nem's medical bills, and I just wanted to assure all of you that Nem and her husband are in a fortunate position of not having to worry about medical expenses so won't have to rely on the driver's insurance. This is just as well, since I understand the driver is usually unemployed due to his drinking habits, and the vehicle wasn't even owned by him, in fact was unregistered at the time, and so I doubt he'd have had enough insurance to cover much of anything. But rest assured that Nem will have all the medical care she needs with no problem, but thank you all for being concerned about that. A bit of good news regarding the accident is that their attorney has been working with a local prosecutor who seems certain that this incident will result in significant jail time for this guy, since he has already admitted his guilt and has such a high number of past DUI convictions. Since he was arrested the day after the accident, he has remained incarcerated pending an appearance before a judge, so at least he's off the streets in the meantime. So we'll see what happens.

I had printed out all of your wonderful posts to her, as well as all the PM's sent to me to give to her, and I may I just say that I wish you all could have been there to see her reaction. She began to cry as she read them all, which alarmed me and started to make me wish I hadn't brought them, but them both my wife and Nem laughed at me and informed me that this was one of the things some women do when they're very happy or deeply touched by something. So I stopped grabbing for the nurse's buzzer then, and enjoyed my wife and Nem's reading of the posts and how happy Nem was to get them. You all really made her happy and touched her heart by your words. I thank you for that, and Nem told me to thank all of you also. She'd had no idea I had let you all know what happened, so it was a complete surprise to her.

She actually gave me a long list of replies to post to all of your posts, in addition to asking me to thank everyone for their prayers and kind thoughts and wishes. I wrote down what she wanted me to send to you all, but I can't find it at the moment. Can I plead sustained jet lag? I do know I have it somewhere. Since I had to go out of town the next day, I put it somewhere that I would be sure to find it when I return. Now I just have to try to remember where that safe place was, so that I can send you her replies.

Thank you again, everyone, for being such caring people. And I hope you won't hang me too high on the tree for being so late in updating you on how Nem is doing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast