+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nemeses

Re: Nemeses

jehraen . . .

Thanks so much for being a friend and bridge for Nemeses to us!

Nemeses . . .

Get well soon, and please know and remember that you are in my prayers!

I'm glad they got the SOB and hope he rots in jail, THEN Hell!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

adding my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for Nemesis......and a nice long jail sentence for that idiot that has caused so much pain.

Thanks for keeping us updated on her condition. Good to hear they got the guy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Nemeses, best wishes for a speedy recovery! What a terrifying experience, and it's wonderful news that you will be okay.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I just got online for the first time today...please do send her my best as well! Tell her it's from the FoRT's first supermodel...she proclaimed me as such, so I'm taking the title!

And yay for that good samiritan who got the drunk driver's license plate!!!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Sending good thoughts and best wishes to Nemeses for a speedy recovery. What a scary thing to have happen. I do hope something serious happens to the drunk driver so that he cannot put anyone else through this horrible experience.

, Nemeses. Glad to hear you're going to be ok and they caught the bad guy! I say toss him in jail and throw away the key. Really, 9 DUI's and a hit and run? Obviously someone who has absolutely no control.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Hey...I was shocked to read about Nemesis/Dawn. I'm glad they caught the driver and all my best wishes, and good thoughts are going her way. I hope you have a speedy recovery, Nem and will be back posting with us soon. Take care and have a speedy recovery!

Hello everyone

As promised, I'm printing out all your wonderful messages and wishes to Nemeses, and I'll be taking them to the hospital shortly so she can read them, or my wife and I will read them to her. I've received many private messages here to send to her as well, and I promise I'll print out all of those, as well as the ones in that Koffee Klatch thread, too. And a special thank you to schmoo2 for pointing me back to that topic after I had lost it. Wow, this community is huge when you're getting used to it and trying to find something specific, lol.

I had originally thought to take my laptop to her and let her read the messages herself because I'm sure she misses you all, but I was told by the nurses that laptops aren't allowed in her room just yet, due to the possibility of it interfering with some of the medical equipment she's hooked up to. But I know she'll be just as please to have the printouts.

And I wanted to thank all of you for caring so much about my friend, and as I've come to see, your friend, also. She's always doing so much to help people, and she cares so much about people, that my wife and I are very touched to see how much she's cared about by those of you who have sent messages to be passed along to her. When she first convinced me to join this community a couple of months ago, she told me this was like an extended family here and that there were many wonderful people here, and I now can see for myself what she meant. She doesn't know I'm bringing these messages and well-wishes to her tonight, so she'll have a wonderful surprise that I know will mean a great deal to her. So thank you everyone for being such caring and wonderful friends. I'll visit the boards here again tomorrow and let you all know how she's doing, and how she reacted to her messages.

Just a brief update: the drunk driver was caught, and he admitted to hitting their vehicle, so there will be no trial, just a sentencing. And you can bet all of her friends and family will be there at the sentencing to let the judge know how we feel about what the sentence should be. Because of his DUI record, this guy didn't even have a license, so in addition to driving while drunk, he was driving without a license. Even the license plate on the vehicle he was driving was expired. We are going to do all we can to try to get this guy behind bars where he belongs and not for a short time, either. As for Nemeses, she had a bit of a rough day today. I believe there was a complication with her knee, but her spirits are good and she's more concerned about the rest of us not feeling so bad for her. (typical, if you know her) So I think that taking her your wonderful messages will be just the thing to brighten her day today. Again, I thank you all, and I also promise to write down any replies and post them here to you all.

Enjoy your evening, and I hope you all know what a wonderful community you have here.

MRD

Oh, I hope the messages cheer her up.

I kind of figured that with 9 prior DUI's he was more than likely driving on a suspended license. Why do people continue to do this and think they can get away with it? I know to some it's a "problem", but geez, after 2 or 3 (even ONE) you'd think he would give up something. Either the drinking and if not that, then the driving. And where does he get the money? I know someone who got a DUI 17 years ago and it cost her over $5000 and she gave up drinking, so I just don't understand any of it really. I really hope this guy goes away for a long time to think about what he's done, pay for what he's done and hopefully get some kind of help so he doesn't do it again. It's fairly obvious he's got a problem.
    Can he be held liable for Nem's hospital bills? I sure hope so. Maybe a HUGE hit in the wallet will be what "cures" him.

Tell Nem to get better soon. We do miss her, DWTS was just not the same the last couple of nights without her.

And thanks for keeping us posted and for being the link to her right now. You and your wife sound like good friends to Nemeses and her family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast