+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Love My...

I Love My...

I thought I'd start a new thread that was more positive than the I Hate My Body thread. Only because we need to focus on good energy if we are wanting and expecting positive changes. So here goes,

I love my body. It's not too small, and not too big; it's just right for me. If it was different, it wouldn't be me. And everyday it works very hard to keep me alive. Not only that, but it fits most things that are in my closet at the moment!

I love my feet. They look great with bright nail polish on my toes. And because I have feet, I can have fun choosing thing to put on them like socks, slippers, sandals, runners, and stilettos, if I'm so inclined.

I love my hands. They enable me to do amazing things. And they are a great spot to keep jewellry, like rings and watches. Otherwise, my pockets would be full of stuff.

I love my legs, because they enable me to walk, and run, and climb. I love my knees so I can bend down to pick up my kitties and other assorted things I may have dropped during the day. They come in handy when driving a car too.

I love my eyes, because they let me see the wonders in the world. And I can shut them whenever I choose to.

I love my nose, because I can smell such a variety of smells; spicy, fresh, earthy, and fragrant. And it lets me know when the garbage needs to be taken out.

I love my hair because I can change the color, style, and length and it still grows back. Even if I have a bad hair day.

I love my hips because they stop my pants and skirts from sliding down to my knees. Which would make it difficult to walk and look fairly silly. And if I didn't have them, I'd need to wear suspenders everyday, and there's not a lot of variety available in stores right now.

And so on......

let's see how creative we can get folks!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Re: I Love My...

Nice thread. You just about covered it though. I love my extra stores of energy (sometimes known as fat) because if there ever comes a time when we have food shortages, I'll last longer than the supermodels.
    Count your blessings!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I love my brain because its a glob of matter that makes everything work. It helps me think of things in a way thats just a little bit different than others. It also gives me vivid, strange dreams that make me think ...hhmmmmm... when I wake up.

I love my heart because it beats, beats, beats and it gives me amazing feelings of love for my family and friends and compassion for those who have so much less than I do.

I love my soul because it gives me an awesome connection with God.

Like Gutmutter, I love my "extra stores of energy" in case of food shortage!

MRD

I love my behind for the first time ever in my life. It isn't perfect by any means, but its a lot smaller than it used to be and for that I am thankful.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Thank you for starting this misskitty! What a great idea! I love my body! And so does Mr. Lane. And basically we're the only two people who need to love my body. I love that my body takes a beating every day with me rushing around and sometimes not exercising or feeding it enough, or giving it enough rest, and it still functions for me so that I can do everything I want it to. Isn't that a great body?! It has unconditional love for me, and I've learned to love it unconditionally, too. I wish I had this love for my body when I was 20--and had close to a supermodel body, but because of my insecurities, I thought I was "fat" or not good enough. (Uh, right...)

I love that I have my health, and that my brain is still with me and that I haven't been struck with Alzheimers or Parkinsons like so many loved ones who I've lost. I love that even though I complain about my job sometimes, I earn good money and never have to worry about where my next meal is coming from. I love that even though I've been unable to give birth to a baby, there is a kind soul out there who was willing to put her child up for adoption so that I could have a chance at being a mother one day. I love that I can come to the FoRT and tell all my friends things that I sometimes can't say to my real-life friends face-to-face. I think it's a good substitute for therapy sometimes! (And cheaper, too!)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2878831;
    Thank you for starting this misskitty! What a great idea! I love my body! And so does Mr. Lane. And basically we're the only two people who need to love my body. I love that my body takes a beating every day with me rushing around and sometimes not exercising or feeding it enough, or giving it enough rest, and it still functions for me so that I can do everything I want it to. Isn't that a great body?! It has unconditional love for me, and I've learned to love it unconditionally, too. I wish I had this love for my body when I was 20--and had close to a supermodel body, but because of my insecurities, I thought I was "fat" or not good enough. (Uh, right...)

I love that I have my health, and that my brain is still with me and that I haven't been struck with Alzheimers or Parkinsons like so many loved ones who I've lost. I love that even though I complain about my job sometimes, I earn good money and never have to worry about where my next meal is coming from. I love that even though I've been unable to give birth to a baby, there is a kind soul out there who was willing to put her child up for adoption so that I could have a chance at being a mother one day. I love that I can come to the FoRT and tell all my friends things that I sometimes can't say to my real-life friends face-to-face. I think it's a good substitute for therapy sometimes! (And cheaper, too!)

I TOTALLY agree. It is my escape, my sometimes news source, my therapy and my fun all rolled into one.
    And because of FORT, I feel like I've made some pretty nice friends.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

This doesn't just have to be about your body. I started it off so we could appreciate out bodies, of course, but feel free to add other things that you love about life!

I love that my body tells me when I need to sleep and wakes me up when I have to go to the bathroom! Even if sometimes it gives me dreams of trying to find a bathroom with a door and toilet paper in it...LOL.

And I love my elbows because without them, my arms wouldn't bend and it would be hard to cuddle my kitties!

Oh, and I love that my body makes me laugh out loud, especially when I'm alone watching a comedy on tv!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

i love my quick wit and mouth, for as many times as they have gotten me into trouble, they have gotten me out of it
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Keeping to the realm of the physical, I love my smile. It is the only palpably beautiful thing about me and hasn't been lessened by age, weight or trouble. I've seen my smile cause people to stutter to halt while talking and I find strangers on the street often smiling at me for no other reason than I look happy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I love my kids. I love that my two-year-old starts bum-bum-bumping to smoke on the water. I love that my oldest is so humble and doesn't realize how beautiful she is, how her peers envy her, how I hope that she finds a man who appreciates her mind rather than her beauty. I love my son and how he is a friend to everyone and an enemy to none. I love when I tell my daughter that she doesn't have the genetic butt of my family, and she retorts that she does so have a butt!!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast