+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Love My...

Re: I Love My...

While there are any number of things that I like/enjoy/appreciate, there are darn few things that I actually love. My Newfs (past, present, and future), my ex-wife's kids (in half-day doses) . . . beyond that, I'd have to really think about it.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I love this quote by Emuna Braverman:

Isn't it time for us to say that wrinkles on our face are okay? Maybe more than okay. That our faces reflect who we are and what we've accomplished. They reflect our lives and I don't need to be ashamed or cover them up.

I can revel in the wisdom and experience of age and thank the Almighty for the tremendous opportunities He has given me. And if He thinks those opportunities should be illustrated in an equal amount of fine lines around the eyes and forehead, who am I to quibble?
    CYA

I love all the thoughtful entries here. I'm amazed at my body's ability to heal. I bounced back from cancer surgery, chemo, and radiation. Through diet and exercise, it's stronger than it was before. Even now, side-lined with a hurt knee, I can see steady progress in healing. It makes me appreciate how much I actually require of my body every day when I can't do it for myself temporarily.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I finally just love me. It's taken years, but I finally love and like who I am and who I have become. I am not perfect and I never will be and that's ok now. I don't measure up to some and I outmeasure others, but that's still ok. I'm me, I'm not them and that's fine.

I have wrinkles, fat, sagging skin, gray hairs, spider veins, scars, achy joints and a few age spots, but I still love my body. Despite all the abuse I've heaped on my body, it's mine and I'm pretty darn happy with it right now. Cause the alternative is not acceptable at this point.

I love my husband who has always been my biggest supporter, who has always been there when I've needed him for anything and has put up with a lot of BS from me over the years.

I love my daughter who despite being a mouthy teenager is smart, pretty, creative and has brought me a lot of joy and pride over the years. She's turned into a remarkable young woman (most days) with an open mind and is independent and thinks that she can do anything and n othing can hold her back which is fabulous.

and I love my friends and of course my dogs. Without my dogs I sometimes wonder if I would have made it through some of the really tough periods in my life. They give me unconditional love, comfort and endless entertainment.
    And most of that can be said for most of my friends as well.

And I love where I live. I consider it to be one of the most beautiful places on earth and I get endless joy seeing mountains, waterfalls, flowers, lots of green trees and it's filled with friendly helpful people that still eat grits!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I love my apartment. It's huge, nice, and the rent is low.

I love my teeth. I have a pretty decent smile.

I love my sense of humor. I never take life too seriously and I'm always laughing at something.

I love my car. It's the car I've always wanted and I feel like it's my baby.

I love my life. I have a great job, great friends, and a great family. Life is good.
    Wake up and be awesome

I love my kids.....it's been just the three of us for a long time and though we never shy away from an argument, we love each other unconditionally.
    CYA

I love reading what everyone is loving and appreciating! As like many things, it's not the quantity of love, it's the quality of love that is so important. So Newf, don't feel bad if there are just a few things that you actually 'love'. I'll bet that those things are pretty darn precious!

I remember that quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson: 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Although after a bad breakup, it's a little tough to swallow. But in hindsight, usually ends up being a very positive thing.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I love being able to smell. The fresh nice smells of the world. Fresh air, new green grass, flowers. I can't believe living in this world without great smells, like all the fabulous ones you get when you cook something fabulous!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I love feeling like my family backs me no matter what. Knowing that I have them as a constant is vital to my life.

I love my son. He makes me scream, cry and laugh and our ability to bounce back from thing is so great. I love the strength my son has when it comes to his father and not being very close to him. I'm so proud of his ability to not allow things to get under his skin and to just brush things off.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12