+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What is the first major news event you can remember?

no. no. the cave was in "Land of the Lost!"

there might have been a cave in "sigmund the sea monster", too, but i don't remember. maybe that was a clubhouse.

Laaaaand of the....Looooooost!!!

Now I DO remember that one!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    me tooo! Maybe we were in the same cave. . . . . hmmmmm.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yeah, I also remember Land of the Lost. I loved that silly show. How did Land of the Lost and Bugaloos (don't remember this one) get to be a major news event.

LG.
    um, not sure. But I remember when Mr. Hooper on Sesame Street died, and that actually did make the news as they needed to write his death into the show script and it was many kiddies first "encounter" with death. Remember Big Bird could never remember how to pronounce his name? Ah yes, the old days when Kermit the Frog was on Sesame Street instead of annoying as hell Elmo.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Worse than Elmo: Baby Bear. Freak doesn't even talk right. What's the point of having him on a children's show where the kids are supposed to be learning about letters and things like that?

(Oh, no! LG tripped a Paulie hot button!!!)
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

LG.
    OMG - Paulie and Mr. LG have the same hot button. Mr. LG refuses to let Lil LG watch the Baby Bear sketches, HATES how he pronounces his "r"s.

*scurries away quickly, with a fear that internet friend "Paulie" is actually Mr. LG*

You're on board with that opinion, too, right, LG? RIGHT?!?!?

If it was any other show than Sesame Street, it would annoy me, but not infuriate me. The fact that it's an educational program that is promoting poor pronunciation really ticks me off. I can see no reason for it.

LG.
    Of course I defer to the superior intellect of Paulie and Mr. LG that it is a silly character to have on the show, as it is not teaching correct pronunciation to impressionable kids. That, and he's downright annoying. I've got yo' powwage wight hewe, Baby Beaw.

Superior intellect. RIGHT! Do you have any more of that fun material?

Um, back to on-topic: I remember the hostages being released from Iran right after Reagan took office. The full magnitude of how long they were held didn't hit me till years later, though.

+ Reply to Thread