+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Easter 2008

MRD

Easter 2008

I cannot believe that it is next week. It is so early this year I can't wrap my head around it. I normally decorate a lot for Easter. Never got the stuff out of the attic this year.

I did go get some things for my daugther's Easter basket and a small one for her boyfriend. It's hard doing that for teens, was much easier when she was small. My daughter is getting some candy, a stuffed bunny (it's now a tradition and I found a small one for under $3), hairspray, polish remover, nail polish, razor refills, incense, a $1 picture frame and that's about it.

Boyfriend is getting candy and some guitar strings.

I don't even know what we are going to have for dinner. I just got my corned beef for St. Patrick's Day on Mon. I hate having holidays bunched up like this!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Easter 2008

I was shocked when spmeone reminded me that Easter is next weekend! Its too soon. By the time I get out there all the Easter stuff will be picked over.

Wow. It seems like it was just Valentine's Day! I guess it's time to shop for cards......since grandma isn't with us anymore, it's going to be weird during holidays.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I was just at The Dollar Tree and Walmart and they still had a lot of stuff. I think everyone is surprised its so soon and haven't been out buying yet.

I saw edible easter grass this year. Hmm, I didn't buy it and wonder what the heck it tastes like. And why did it take them so long to come up with that?

We are doing the same old plastic Easter grass. I have some that is probably 20 years old at this point as I save it every year. That and the plastic eggs. I am sure I have Easter grass and plastic eggs older than my almost 17 year old daughter!

That stuff I do have to get out of the attic.

I did go get some things for my daugther's Easter basket and a small one for her boyfriend. It's hard doing that for teens, was much easier when she was small. My daughter is getting some candy, a stuffed bunny (it's now a tradition and I found a small one for under $3), hairspray, polish remover, nail polish, razor refills, incense, a $1 picture frame and that's about it.
    The travel-sized toiletries Walmart carries are great for this type of occasion for teens.
    Of course they work out far more expensive in the long run than buying full-sized, but they make nice additions to baskets and you can buy a whole bunch for a few dollars.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It's really early this year. That's okay, I'm ready for a short work week!

My sister is abroad, so it's just my parents and me this year. Last year we went out to dinner with family friends, but they will be out of town as well. My dad was trying to get tickets to the first round of the women's NCAA tourney, so hopefully we'll be doing that!

St. Patrick's Day

It's the earliest it can be! I'm ready for it because it means I get to go HOME Thurs afternoon till Monday!!!

I wonder if we get Friday off too.....I'm going to have to check that out when I get in there tomorrow.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Now that the corned beef and cabbage is out of the way, I have to start thinking about Easter brunch/dinner.

I think we may do lamb on the grill with rosemary. (Poor Rosemary. )

Anyone have any great suggestions for dishes, menus, ideas for Easter food?

I love doing pork loin roasts, slow roasted all day.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast