+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Easter 2008

Re: Easter 2008

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2866718;
    Vonna, those cupcakes were good weren't they? My family informed me they don't like lemon. Their loss!

MRD: I thought that making these in the minature cupcake pans would make a good shower food or tea party food.
    MRD: I didn't take all 26 cupcakes over to my daughter.. I kept a few at home. My 6 yr old grandson came over yesterday and was so thrilled when he found the cupcakes. He asked for more frosting, which of course, grandma had ready at his command. He just beamed. He told me "only grandmas know how to make good cupcakes" I gladly accepted the compliment..

The frosting was so good, I could have eaten a bowl of it.....(don't worry. I only ate a couple of spoons)
    BTW: Thanks for starting this thread...it's been fun!

buglover: It's amazing how kids can stand cold water---even California's ocean water..brrrr They will be swimming with blue lips and not miss a beat.
    Did you bbq your tri-tip or bake it? I love tri tip sandwiches on a french roll with fresh salsa.
    Last edited by Vonna; 03-25-2008 at 10:25 PM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2868783;
    MRD: I didn't take all 26 cupcakes over to my daughter.. I kept a few at home. My 6 yr old grandson came over yesterday and was so thrilled when he found the cupcakes. He asked for more frosting, which of course, grandma had ready at his command. He just beamed. He told me "only grandmas know how to make good cupcakes" I gladly accepted the compliment..

The frosting was so good, I could have eaten a bowl of it.....(don't worry. I only ate a couple of spoons)

buglover: It's amazing how kids can stand cold water---even California's ocean water..brrrr They will be swimming with blue lips and not miss a beat.
    Did you bbq your tri-tip or bake it? I love tri tip sandwiches on a french roll with fresh salsa.
    Vonna, that is too cute. Yes, Grandmas do make good cupcakes.
    That frosting was the bomb! And it's what my daughter did NOT like. She ate the cupcake and left the frosting. Go figure.

I can remember swimming on Christmas Day when I was a kid and thinking how great that was. But now that I'm older my rule is: only between May and Sept. And then only if it's fairly warm (the water). I grew up on the Gulf Coast of Florida and that water is a LOT warmer than even the Atlantic side of Florida.

Our Easter picnic.
    Me and hubby enjoying the day.

Last edited by MRD; 03-26-2008 at 08:10 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What a sweet and adorable picture, mrd. Jealous of all the green you have. We still have snow!

MRD

Thanks.
    Everything but the oaks are green. They are still bare. But I think I see some leaf buds starting to show.

We are not getting the spectacular spring we had last year. I'm afraid the drought must be to blame. Although we have gotten a lot of rain over the winter. But probably not enough.

The azaleas haven't bloomed yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2868783;

I baked the tri tip because some neighbors were using the bbq. Tonight we are cutting the remainder of the tri tip and putting them on rolls for sandwiches mexican style. Lettuce, tomato a little cream and cheese!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2869693;
    I baked the tri tip because some neighbors were using the bbq. Tonight we are cutting the remainder of the tri tip and putting them on rolls for sandwiches mexican style. Lettuce, tomato a little cream and cheese!
    what time is dinner??? Sounds delish!

Well now we are having shrimp fajitas instead. Mr buglover has got a hankerin for shrimp and since I won't let him baja style the tacos, he's going to grill the shrimp and veggies fajita style.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2870491;
    Well now we are having shrimp fajitas instead. Mr buglover has got a hankerin for shrimp and since I won't let him baja style the tacos, he's going to grill the shrimp and veggies fajita style.
    What is baja style?

I just ate some of the worst guacamole I've ever eaten.

My daughter and her boyfriend went to On the Border and she brought back her leftover guac and tortilla chips. YUCKY!

I'm hankering for some shrimp and grits. Since you can't sling a dead cat around here and not hit a restauant that doesn't sell shrimp and grits, I may have to go get some this weekend. I could make it, but no one else here eats it except hubby and he's gone.

Baja style is breaded and fried shrimp with shredded cabbage, a little cream and cheese. I refuse to do that because of the calories in them (I won't be able to have my nightly glass of wine!!) so we're going to go a little healthier for now..lol

Oh mrd, mr buglover makes some of the best guacamole in the world!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've never had a good experience at On The Border so I've never been back.

+ Reply to Thread