+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Easter 2008

Re: Easter 2008

Happy Easter everyone! I hope your day was great and that you have lots of good leftovers.

We had a lighter dinner than usual because we've really eaten a lot this week since it was spring break and I had time to cook meals that weren't previously frozen. I swear one of these days I'll learn to cook a bird right. I let it cook longer than it said to because it wasn't completely thawed. It still didn't seem fully cooked to me even though the meat thermometer popped a half hour before I took it out of the oven. I'm so paranoid.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Tons of leftovers here. I was a tad ticked this morning. I buy eggs several days or up to a week ahead of time if I'm going to make deviled eggs because older eggs peel easier. Well, yesterday I discover that apparantly it was an egg free for all this week at my house and I had 6 eggs left. I had to buy more eggs and of course, they tore up when I tried to peel them, so we had ugly deviled eggs and the really bad ones are now egg salad. UGH!

Also, I made those lemon cupcakes and my husband and daughter both say: WE DON'T LIKE LEMON. News to me. Really. After 21 years with him and 17 with her and they don't like lemon? I now have 2 dozen cupcakes that no one will eat. Well, I will, and actually we have 22. But I don't need 22 more cupcakes. They were good too.

But otherwise it was a nice day. We had a lovely picnic and have a lot of ham leftover, but I planned for that.

Hope everyone else had a nice day too.

Newf and Gabriel, you both have me
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

The grilled burgers and chicken were yummy tonight...along with a huge salad and roasted potatoes on the grill. Also had a WW strawberry cake!!!

YIPPPEEE for leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I made a tri tip roast and a huge salad! It was refresing and no starch. There's almost 2lbs left for us to make sandwiches tomorrow.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Supper was delicious! Cooked beans, cauliflower with melted cheese, salad, potatos, turkey, ham, buns, dressing, and green jelly salad. Then marble cake for dessert/my belated birthday cake. Of course I ate it all in moderation/portion. But fantastic cooking from Grandma and Grandpa!!

Spending time with family too cannot be beat.

I have the turkey breast in the oven...will put the ham in soon. Cheesey hash brown potato casserole, traditional corn casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, chocolate cake and apple pie top out my Easter menu.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I made minimum baskets for the kids... found out Dan had never had any kind of Easter candy before (duh - he's Muslim) and my son was cracking up schooling him on how to eat malted milk eggs and peeps. Now I have to look for the big Cadbury eggs because I hate them so didn't get them, but really, you have to experience them once. The Easter Bunny hides mini-eggs all over the house so he had his first egg hunt. My mom is here, so most of the week I spent cleaning for her arrival mid-Sunday. I had two corned beefs in the crockpot since I didn't know when she was coming, but had given her instructions to call when she was 30 min. away so I could put the veggis in. It was delectable (Dan's never had corned beef either. Ate two whole platefuls). Mom had made cheesecake with not a lot of sugar and with a shortbread/graham cracker crust because she doesn't like full graham cracker crust. Very rich. I don't usually splurge on cheesecake, but since my mom made it in Ohio and drove it all the way here... mmmmmmm. I played hooky today and we had the day to ourselves.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2864181;
    I made a tri tip roast and a huge salad! It was refresing and no starch. There's almost 2lbs left for us to make sandwiches tomorrow.

When I read TRI TIP in your post.....I said to myself.."Buglover has to be from California..and sure enough

Did you fix it Santa Maria BBq style? love it, love it, love it!!!!!

We barbequed for Easter Dinner. It was so warm yesterday the grandkids braved the swimming pool..brrrr. MRD's Easter cupcakes were a big hit.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2865403;
    When I read TRI TIP in your post.....I said to myself.."Buglover has to be from California..and sure enough

Did you fix it Santa Maria BBq style? love it, love it, love it!!!!!

We barbequed for Easter Dinner. It was so warm yesterday the grandkids braved the swimming pool..brrrr. MRD's Easter cupcakes were a big hit.
    Vonna, those cupcakes were good weren't they? My family informed me they don't like lemon. Their loss!

I thought that making these in the minature cupcake pans would make a good shower food or tea party food.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I didn't make it Santa Maria style but now I want to drive up there and get one!

I failed to make the cupcakes but am going to this weekend for sure.

The kids in my complex were in the pool as well even though it isn't heated....brrrr...but kids can brave the ocean and it's never that warm here!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread