+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Easter 2008

Re: Easter 2008

I'm hard boiling eggs right now so we can dye them. My niece (11 years old) is here too. We went to see Charlotte's Web today at a local theater and now she's at my house (since no one was home at hers). Oh, the timer's beeping. Off I go!

I used to LOVE coloring Easter eggs and finding them as well. When I was a kid, we used to do several dozen. One year, though, my grandmother (on my dad's side), my grandfather (on my mom's) and my parents got their wires crossed as to who was supplying the eggs and we ended up with seventeen dozen eggs-- that was quite a hunt that year!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2861482;
    I'm picking up boiled ham, probably pastrami or corned beef, rolls, etc., etc nothing fancy as none of use are really in any mood.
    That sounds good too. Nothing beats a REALLY good deli meat sandwich on some good rolls! With great mustard, boston lettuce, etc. Yum.

Newf, I need clarification, does Gustaf want the dogs to come for dinner or come as dinner?

Sounds good. I'll bring the dessert!

Well went to Bloom and it wasn't terribly crowded. Got a GREAT deal on some asparagus and bought the very last bag of regular M&M's bunny mix. Will stuff plastic eggs with those tonight. I may have to taste a few to make sure they are ok.

I just boiled my eggs, we will dye later when my husband and my daughter's boyfriend finish working on boyfriend's truck.

And I ALWAYS do an Orange and Blue egg and write Go Gator's on it with the white crayon. I just had to add that for Newf!

Missy, that is a LOT of eggs. When I was a little girl (and we hunted dinosaur eggs. ), the church had an egg hunt and every kid had to bring a dozen dyed hard boiled eggs. This was just when plastic eggs were coming out I guess, but we always hunted real eggs until I was older. My aunt had a BEAUTIFUL garden and yard and she was in charge of Sunday School, so it was always at her house and I remember she would make punch and used a huge egg mold to make an ice egg to float in the punch bowl.

One year my daughter won one of the prizes at the church egg hunt. It was a kids gardening set with a container of jelly beans. She told everyone she was going to plant the jelly beans. And when we got home, she used her new shovel, rake and watering can and did just that. She was SO convinced they would grow, that I snuck out after she went to bed and planted some minature sunflower seeds I had. She was so diligent in water them and telling EVERYONE about her magic jelly beans that when sprouts came up, she was over the moon.
    Well about a week before the flowers bloomed, she informed me and her dad that with magic jelly beans, you can wish them into any flower you want. I asked what flower she wanted and she said: "Sunflowers".
    I know I did a big mental "Whew".
    When they bloomed, she was so happy. I have photos of the entire process. it was too cute. She was about 4 at the time.

Then one year she was hunting eggs Easter morning and slugs got on the eggs and her dad had to follow her around the yard as she would point to an egg and he would pick it up, remove the slug and place it in her basket.
    Last edited by MRD; 03-22-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm not sure of the whole menu at my in-laws, (see the in-laws thread ) but my items are all made. I'm taking Hot Cross Buns, Jello-Jiggler eggs (strawberry-banana, berry blue and orange), and a chocolate-raspberry torte for dessert.

The torte wasn't my first choice to make even though everyone loves it, but it was the first recipe that I considered yesterday that I had all of the ingredients for. I was determined not to go to the grocery store after being given such late notice.

I boiled eggs first thing this morning and my college freshman daughter and I dyed them later.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2861926;
    I'm not sure of the whole menu at my in-laws, (see the in-laws thread ) but my items are all made. I'm taking Hot Cross Buns, Jello-Jiggler eggs (strawberry-banana, berry blue and orange), and a chocolate-raspberry torte for dessert.

The torte wasn't my first choice to make even though everyone loves it, but it was the first recipe that I considered yesterday that I had all of the ingredients for. I was determined not to go to the grocery store after being given such late notice.

I boiled eggs first thing this morning and my college freshman daughter and I dyed them later.
    Could you please post the torte recipe in the recipe thread?
    It sounds delicious (as does everything else you are making)

The Jiggler Eggs sound so cute!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!

I cannot believe how excited I am for spending an entire day with my family whom I love so dearly. It's nuts and awesome/amazing at the same time. I think it's partially because I know I have to leave for school on Monday again.

Family together at church, family out together for brunch, over to my grandparents for a moment of relaxation, home for a bit to unwind and then back to my grandparents for supper!!! So stoked!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2862476;
    The Jiggler Eggs sound so cute!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!

I cannot believe how excited I am for spending an entire day with my family whom I love so dearly. It's nuts and awesome/amazing at the same time. I think it's partially because I know I have to leave for school on Monday again.

Family together at church, family out together for brunch, over to my grandparents for a moment of relaxation, home for a bit to unwind and then back to my grandparents for supper!!! So stoked!
    Happy Easter everyone~!

MRD

Happy Easter everyone!

It's a glorious day here. I just made baked french toast and then am going to start on our picnic foods. Going to be a beautiful day to have Easter dinner in the park.

Hope the Easter bunny was good to everyone. I MUST stay out of the reese's eggs. I must, I must, I must!!!!!

I must stay out of the whipped creme eggs before family gets here, or eat all of them and say I didn't buy any.

Happy Easter, everyone!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread