+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Saving Time Starts 3/9 @ 2 a.m.

Re: Daylight Saving Time Starts 3/9 @ 2 a.m.

ngh mnh grrrrr.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

While i like having more daylight time in the evenings, the whole thing messes my body clock up for a week or two.

And my husband left again this morning, so he had to get up at 5 which was really 4 on my internal clock and I'm really feeling it this morning now.

And I can feel your pain Duxxy. I remember when my daughter was small it always messed up her bed and nap times and took forever to adapt too. Plus she always wanted to know why she had to go to bed when it was still light outside.

The dogs get messed up too. They pretty much know when morning outside time is and so getting them adjusted isn't always easy either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It doesn't affect me at all. I don't know why, because I love to sleep. I really hate the fact that I lose an hour of sleep, but it doesn't seem to bother me at all.

As we were leaving church on Sunday, in came a woman who obviously forgot to change her clocks and was somewhat irritated that we were all leaving!!

FORT Fogey

hate it hate it. why can't we leave time alone. they havent done anything wrong to upset us.
    by the way, my eyes are burning

The time change and forth doesn't bother me at all. Love the extra hour of daylight in the spring evenings, love the extra hour of sleep on one long autumn weekend.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Daylight Saving Time (DST) is a non-issue with me. At my longitude, mid-summer sunrise would be at 5 AM without DST--who can take advantage of THAT? It takes me about 5 minutes to change my clocks. I have two clocks that self-correct but were programmed before the most recent legislative changes to DST, so I have the mental excercise of adding one hour to their displays--I think that I can handle it until they catch up.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Usually DST only bothers me the first day, when I have to work sunday night. This time I'm suffering, though, as I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and not only lost sleep yesterday but am trying to stay up all day today so as to be somewhat on track for day living starting tomorrow; then again I'm going to the other side of the US and thus 3 hours backward--wait, now I'm really confused. Hurryup bedtime!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2832973;
    ngh mnh grrrrr.

ngh mnh grrrrr

ngh mnh grrrrr

Joeys breakfast time knows no clocks... But I really hate the 3:30Am face pats unti he gets used to DST.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I love Daylight Savings time. My body needs all the exercise it can get. Just having sunshine longer entices me to keep working and at least moving around.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

When was the old daylight savings time? Was it the second week of April or so?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast