+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Aunt

My Aunt

Hey everyone. The reason why I am writing here, is because I am wanting some help on what to do for my aunt. My aunt has some of you know have the worse case of lupus and also just found out that she has leukemia along with other things.

Here's what I am planning on doing,
    Making a card for her,
    choosing the front picture(needing ideas please)
    putting a poem on one side(trying to find a really good one)
    a note from me on the other.

My boyfriend said that he would help me make a card for her, but the thing is I don't know what kind of picture to put on the front and I'd like some help for all of you.
    Thanks in advance!

MRD

Re: My Aunt

are you planning on using a photograph?

If so, maybe make a copy of a photograph of the two of you if you have one. Maybe from a photo when you were small.

Or a photo of landscape, flowers, etc. I take a lot of photos of flowers, scenary, etc. and I use those a lot of the fronts of cards.

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I pray that things will be ok with her and for you to be strong for her as well as yourself.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thank you, I am wanting to use a photograph, I don't have one of me and her though, unfortantly. I am in the process of trying to look for a good photo of flowers or an angel with a rose, but can't seem to find one that doesn't have the site it came from and it can't be edited out he says.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;2724864;
    Thank you, I am wanting to use a photograph, I don't have one of me and her though, unfortantly. I am in the process of trying to look for a good photo of flowers or an angel with a rose, but can't seem to find one that doesn't have the site it came from and it can't be edited out he says.
    Take some of your own. Get your camera out and head to the nearest park or downtown. Find what you want and take several shots. Then use the one you like best.

She'd probably like a photo you took because you were thinking about her than one from the internet. Don't worry if you aren't the best photographer. It will mean more to her if its something you found and took the photo of.

Do you have a photo of her as a child or teen? That might work too and show that you were able to take the time to look for somethig that would make her smile.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic

I like the idea of using some sort of flower. It represents life and rebirth and promise!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2724865;
    Take some of your own. Get your camera out and head to the nearest park or downtown. Find what you want and take several shots. Then use the one you like best.

She'd probably like a photo you took because you were thinking about her than one from the internet. Don't worry if you aren't the best photographer. It will mean more to her if its something you found and took the photo of.

Do you have a photo of her as a child or teen? That might work too and show that you were able to take the time to look for somethig that would make her smile.
    That sounds terrific. I love that idea! I'd love to take some of my own. What are some ideas that you all would have if I took some downtown or at the nearest park?

I don't have any of when she was small, I might be able to ask my dad though...

Maybe your dad has some pictures of a group of family members when they were younger. I'd also like pictures of birds. I'd probably just appreciate anything that came.

Not trying to promote a website in particular but there are some out there that are for everyone to use and doesn't have the name on them. PM me if you need it or if a mod says it's ok, then I'll post it here. These are photos that regular people take and post and you can make them private or public and not copyrighted or anything. Let me know.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Pwettybird, I don't have any ideas, just want to say your Aunt and you are in my prayers. Best wishes with the card. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2727889;
    Pwettybird, I don't have any ideas, just want to say your Aunt and you are in my prayers. Best wishes with the card. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Awww, thank you so much. it means alot to me that alot of you are helping me. When I first came here I didn't know if I was going to be much liked, but now I feel like yall are like my family and I can't begin to say in words how much this place means to me. Yall are amazing, each and everyone of you will always have a special place in my heart.

Right now, it hurts SO bad knowing my aunt has to go through this. I keep myself from crying, yes I know its not good, but I can't stand people watching me. I just want my aunt to be alright and to not suffer anymore and if thats with her going to heaven then thats what it shall be. I love her to pieces and I'd do anything for her.

Thank you all again for everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast