+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Aunt

MRD

Re: My Aunt

There is TRULY something SPECIAL about this place. And it looks like you've found that out.

Everyone here is so caring and so supportive. It's just incredibly how caring and supportive everyone is here. And it's very special, that here we all are, from all walks of life, all ages, all circumstances and we all get along so well and help each other so much. Something really special happens at FORT.

I've been to other sites that do not have that special something that FORT has.

I hope things are going to be ok.

Go cry. I go in the bathroom. A good cry is actually good for you. It releases endorphins in the brain and they make you feel better.
    I know a good cry is needed every so often and its ok to do it.

Just know you have a great attitude about everything and your aunt is lucky to have a neice like you. I'm telling you that none of my neices or nephews has so much as even sent me a card unless it was a graduation announcement, wedding invitation or baby announcement (the cards where they want you to send a gift). So your aunt is very fortunate that you care and love her so much.

You and her are in my thoughts and prayers and people are here for whenever you need it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

[QUOTE=pwettybird;2728207;]Right now, it hurts SO bad knowing my aunt has to go through this. I keep myself from crying, yes I know its not good, but I can't stand people watching me. I just want my aunt to be alright and to not suffer anymore and if thats with her going to heaven then thats what it shall be. I love her to pieces and I'd do anything for her.
    QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel, pwettybird. I went through the same thing about three years ago when my dad was so ill. He suffered from Parkinson's Disease, among other things. He was always so active and independent, and he really hated it that he couldn't do what he was used to doing and having to ask for help. I don't know how many times he told me that was no way to live. It was heartbreaking. So I completely understand how sometimes we just pray that the suffering will end. And if that means that God takes them, then at least their suffering is finished.

My aunt went through the same thing a few years ago. It got to the point where she was just tired and refused anything to eat or drink. She just gave up and wanted to go home to God.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. I just hope she is around long enough to be at my wedding, but I know if she's not there physically, she'll be there emotionally and spiritually.
    I just hope that she likes my card and the fact I'm writing her a note. I would write a poem because I write poetry but i think my emotions are too much in the way right now.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;2728271;
    Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. I just hope she is around long enough to be at my wedding, but I know if she's not there physically, she'll be there emotionally and spiritually.
    I just hope that she likes my card and the fact I'm writing her a note. I would write a poem because I write poetry but i think my emotions are too much in the way right now.
    I find that the best time to write. The emotions bring out the best in me and my writiing when I'm like that. Well maybe not the best, but I often write the best material because of the emotions. It's usually stronger, more heartfelt and "real".

And look at all the great poets that wrote because of their emotions.

I'd give it a try. Even if you don't send it to her, it may be thereputic for you.

Scoutmom, my dad too had Parkinson's and he said the same thing about it being no way to live. It's so sad to see our loved ones suffer so much.

Thank you, myrosiedog. If you would like to write something be my guest

As for all of our loved one suffering, it isn't fair at all, I wish there was no pain on earth but then again if there was no pain then what would the world be like? perfect? thats not possible these days at least.

just staying together, being there for one another is good for me
    thank you all

MRD

I once had a wise person say to me that if there was no pain, no suffering, no unhappiness, then we'd have nothing to judge our happiness against and we really wouldn't know what it was like to be happy. Kind of deep, but true.

I hate that there is so much pain and suffering in the world and its especially hard when its our loved ones.

But honestly, I have to say that having been through half my life already, having suffered myself, having watched others I love suffer, having seen the ravages of disease and grief, I am a stronger, better balanced person for it. I know that sounds weird, but I think I appreciate things more now. I don't take things for granted as much. I KNOW I can get through anything now and believe it or not, that has helped my self-confidence and my everyday life. Not that I wanted my loved ones to suffer so I could grow as a person. But through their pain, I did find it within me to be a better person I think. So if anything good comes out of bad (and I truly believe it does), then I think that my parents would be proud of who I've become because of them and not just their pain or deaths, but the other lessons they taught me. Unfortunately, it took their deaths for me to realize this. Some of us take a while or need to be hit over the head. At least in my case.

Life is truly a roller coaster ride. It goes up and down, it goes slow and fast, it can make our hearts drop through our stomachs, but at the end of the ride, you can always look back and say: MAN THAT WAS A HELL OF A RIDE!!!
    (even if you puked. ) Anyway, that's my thoughts on it at age 45. At age 20, I don't even think I thought about anything like this.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this at such a young age. I wish people didn't have to learn to be strong. I wish there was no pain or suffering. But I think the other thing I've learned is that there is always a silver lining somewhere.

I'm not trying to tell you not to be sad or not to hurt for your loved ones. I'm just saying that through my experiences, this is what I've learned.

I hope I haven't come off cavilier or flippant. I don't mean to be and I'm not trying to tell you you shouldn't be sad or upset. I've cried buckets of tears in my life over the ones I love. I've been sad. I just hope that having known that others have gone through similar situations and eventually come out the other end is some form of comfort to you.

I wish I could give you a hug. I hope that I didn't upset you.

I only wish you the best and the strength to carry on through this rough time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12