+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOX Network Better Have My Money

FOX Network Better Have My Money

...for stealing my idea for Mr. Personality, the show they promoted tonight during Married by America. Everyone catch this? One beautiful woman surrounded by 20 eligible bachelors. Here's the catch: They're wearing masks, so she can't see what they look like. She's forced to choose based on "personality."

Um, didn't I suggest something similar?

[From my post in "Fox Ponders Doing Another Joe Millionaire"]

Shayla, Paulie, cali--

Thanks for the kind words.

While sitting here reading these posts, it just occurred to me--in a very horrible way--how Fox could accomplish "JM2":

They bring together 20 eligible bachelors and are told that the woman they're about to meet is very wealthy.

Here's the kicker--she's not what one may call "attractive". But she really IS wealthy.

The men have the option of staying or going. Maybe they even vote each other out, a la "Love Cruise".

Now, what's the twist? I don't know. This is why I'm not a Fox executive.

They could call it "Jill Pretty Good Personality", though."

So it's not exactly like mine. But it's close enough for horseshoes, government work, and producing Fox television.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

They should at least send you a cheese sampler or something. They obviously lifted the idea from you.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

How do we know phat isn't actually a FOX TV exec? Hmmm...
    *taps fingers*
    I wouldn't put it past him.

Seriously, his ghettospeak places him in a metropolis, perhaps L.A., and his taste for marshmallow peeps indicates that he is coated on the interior with a thick layer of food coloring, the sheer amount of which is likely to cause the kind of off-kilter neural activity one would expect from a FOX bigwig.

I think we've found our mole!

I think you should just go get your money Phat...that sounds like your show to me.

But a cheese sampler is a nice idea too.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

at all the posts.......
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

You guys are too funny.

Phat... yes that was your idea! I remember it well.

shayla... I think you're on to something....

Paulie.... cheese from the cheesiest network, they have plenty, and they could easily spare a sampler!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Fade to black
    I think they probably thought you were dead Phat, and didn't have to worry about copyright infringement. After all you are a 90 year old Chinese woman.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

"Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Paulie,

Big bags of unmarked bills would be preferable, but I'll take the cheese sampler.

Shayla,

I always thought what made me a Peep was my sweet nature and the fact you couldn't get rid of me. :bats eyelashes:

nlmcp,

If you could write them an email to just leave a briefcase of money on their front doorstep, I'll be by later to pick it up.

([Dramatic pause.] "...one million dollars!")

cali (Or, should I say, "Plaintiff's Witness #1"?)

Thanks.

hazy,

For the last time, I am not...oh, never mind.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Here's My Master Plan

Now, I've got a Plan A. I call it Operation Raise-a-Big-Stink-and-Sue. (Catchy, no?)

In the next week, expect to see me on your FOX affiliate:

Anchor: "...and in News of the Weird, a reality-tv show fan is actually suing 20th Century Fox Television, Rupert Murdoch and the Rotary Club, claiming the Rotary Club is, I quote, 'behind it all.'"

Me [on camera]: "Oh, that's right! Fox just can't handle the truth! Who came up with Mr. Personality? Me! So give me a call, Johnny Cochrane! If I'm going down, Fox is going down with me! King King ain't got nuthin' on me! I'm going to name names! (Can I get a shout-out to all my friends on the FoRT?) If you work in TV, call me. I got a million ideas, NBC. Five words: Law and Order: Library Policeman. And that's just for starters. Hey, where you goin' with that camera? Get back here, I'm not through with you! What? Get your [bleep] hands off me! Don't touch me, you [bleep]! [One long bleep, screen becomes static.]

Tomorrow's scrolling headline on Fox Cable News: "Sad, unstable man sues Fox television. 'Brother's trippin',' Alan Greenspan says."

...And you can all be proud I've represented the FoRT so well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast