+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate my body!!

FORT Newbie

I hate my body!!

I hate my body!! I swear I gain weight by just looking at food. Itís so annoying. My weight is constantly fluctuating but Iím never where I want to be. How can I wear a bikini on vacation in January if Iím around holiday food?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: I hate my body!!

Here's something I've noticed... When I was a teenager and in my 20's and had a totally fit, svelte body, I was scared to wear a bikini. Then in my 30's, I just realized, "Who cares?" I wasn't as thin or toned as when I was younger, but all I wear now is bikinis...and you know what, they look pretty good on me!

Unless you're morbidly obese and need to lose weight for health reasons, I say rock the body that you have and don't worry about having gained a pound or two at Christmas. The best thing about being on vacation is that you don't know anyone--it's not like your boss is going to see you in a bikini!

Also, I've found that just staying active is the best way to have a nice body. Good luck! And don't be mad at your body. I'm sure it's adorable!

MRD

It's taken me years to finally figure this out, but I'm fairly comfortable with how I look and I am FAR from a perfect body.

It's not the weight, it's not how you look in a bikini, its how you feel about yourself in your mind.

From someone that has battled weight all my life, if it bothers you that much, then I would urge you to see a nutritionist/dietician and work out a way of eating that is healthy for you. Not a diet, but a way of eating.

Good luck and remember, the people that like you for who you are, don't care what you look like and if they do, then they aren't the kinds of friends you need. Just my 2 cents.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Don't hate your body. Your body is an incredible thing. It helps you breathe, think, move, sleep, taste, dance, see, hear and feel being alive! I know that's not exactly what you mean, but think about it. You have an amazing body...not matter what size you fit or what the scale says.

Be happy with yourself and take care of the body you have been given. Enjoy the Christmas holidays in moderation. And then go have great fun on your holiday!

If you don't feel comfortable in a bikini, then don't wear one. Find a one piece or a two piece style with a tank and shorts. And I mean shorts, not those little boyshort thingys. I bought a pair of men's trunks to wear with a tankini; they match, they're more comfortable than women's styles, have a pocket and tie for hotel key and are cheaper than women's suits! I have even worn a t-shirt over a bikini because I was just too shy to be around strangers dressed in so little. No-one noticed. No-one cared.

Everyone's weight fluctuates over the years. Up, down, and side to side! Feel happy that you are having a holiday with your family and/or friends. If you want to be healthy, that is a great goal to have for life!

Enjoy your vacation! I wish I was going!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Awww everyone should love themselves. It took me years to finally be ok with my body. Kids took a toll on my stomach, it's a road map but I finally came to grips with it and feel like it is part of who I am and am proud of my road map stomach, thunder thighs and even have begun wearing shirts that don't go down to my knees. Enjoy the vacation and rock the body!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I remember reading that everybody views you differently no matter what you look like - we make associations with other people we already know, etc. Plus, a lot of a person's beauty has to do with charisma. You can have the most beautiful body, but if you focus on yourself and feel awkward, it won't shine. You can have a much less than perfect body, but by being comfortable in your skin, focussing on others and generating warmth, you are attractive no matter what. Even if I had a perfect body, I wouldn't wear a bikini. It is much more fun to swim, build castles, run around, and flop on a towel without worrying about a skimpy suit.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2713929;
    Don't hate your body. Your body is an incredible thing. It helps you breathe, think, move, sleep, taste, dance, see, hear and feel being alive! I know that's not exactly what you mean, but think about it. You have an amazing body...not matter what size you fit or what the scale says.

Be happy with yourself and take care of the body you have been given. Enjoy the Christmas holidays in moderation. And then go have great fun on your holiday!

If you don't feel comfortable in a bikini, then don't wear one. Find a one piece or a two piece style with a tank and shorts. And I mean shorts, not those little boyshort thingys. I bought a pair of men's trunks to wear with a tankini; they match, they're more comfortable than women's styles, have a pocket and tie for hotel key and are cheaper than women's suits! I have even worn a t-shirt over a bikini because I was just too shy to be around strangers dressed in so little. No-one noticed. No-one cared.

Everyone's weight fluctuates over the years. Up, down, and side to side! Feel happy that you are having a holiday with your family and/or friends. If you want to be healthy, that is a great goal to have for life!

Enjoy your vacation! I wish I was going!
    worldscrashing see what misskitty said. It's true. Nobody cares what you are wearing. Really, ... people are too busy worrying about how they look to notice how you look. And if they do happen to notice, it's guaranteed someone will look at you and wish they looked that good !

Think about the size of portions and try a little of everything. Just don't overdo and you'll be fine. Resolve to lose any extra holiday ounces in the New Year by starting a new, fun activity.

Be grateful for the body you have. Some people may not be as fortunate.

There's a quote I can't recall verbatim but it's something like "I cried because I had no shoes ... until I saw a man who had no legs."
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I love my body so much I've started to play "connect the dots and scars" on my stomach. You'd be surprised how many different pictures I can make!!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

worldscrashing, I understand your frustration. I too am having issues with my body right now. I've always been tall and thin, and could lose any odd pounds that piled up over the holidays very quickly and easily. But lately (as I hit my 30's...) my metabolism has changed and the weight is easier to gain and much harder to lose. I'm not overweight, but I find it a struggle to stay so.

For me, it's more of a matter of getting healthy this year than losing weight. I just don't feel the motivation to do it. If I could sit on the couch, I would much rather do that than get out and walk or ride a bike or any sort of physical activity...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2713865;
    Here's something I've noticed... When I was a teenager and in my 20's and had a totally fit, svelte body, I was scared to wear a bikini. Then in my 30's, I just realized, "Who cares?" I wasn't as thin or toned as when I was younger, but all I wear now is bikinis...and you know what, they look pretty good on me!

Unless you're morbidly obese and need to lose weight for health reasons, I say rock the body that you have and don't worry about having gained a pound or two at Christmas. The best thing about being on vacation is that you don't know anyone--it's not like your boss is going to see you in a bikini!

Also, I've found that just staying active is the best way to have a nice body. Good luck! And don't be mad at your body. I'm sure it's adorable!
    Oh, how I can relate!! I was 5' 5", weighted a 110 lbs. wore a C cup in high school and ate Taco Bell almost everyday. Being that slender my chest really showed. I wore the biggest shirts I could get away with and never wore a bikini. Fast forward 20 plus years, two kids and almost 30 pounds heavier, I would love to have that body back that I tried so hard to hide back then! I really need to get off my butt and tone myself up. I have my 20 year reunion coming up in '08. Blah.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast