+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: I hate my body!!

Re: I hate my body!!

My problem with stores is that I'm really tall (5'11") and the only way for me to get pants is to order them from online. So if I need pants for something I have to plan way in advance to make sure I get them in time. I also don't like that stores make dress shirts with sleeves that don't take into account us tall gals. Some stores have finally added a tall shirt line but once again I have to buy them online. I wish more stores would have a tall department like the petite department. My other grip about shirts is that they are often cut in a manner that anyone with a chest size over a B cup can't fit in them.

I don't really hate my body and I LOVE being tall but I wish shops would make it easier for me to shop because it is all about me.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2748503;
    My problem with stores is that I'm really tall (5'11") and the only way for me to get pants is to order them from online. So if I need pants for something I have to plan way in advance to make sure I get them in time. I also don't like that stores make dress shirts with sleeves that don't take into account us tall gals. Some stores have finally added a tall shirt line but once again I have to buy them online. I wish more stores would have a tall department like the petite department. My other grip about shirts is that they are often cut in a manner that anyone with a chest size over a B cup can't fit in them.

I don't really hate my body and I LOVE being tall but I wish shops would make it easier for me to shop because it is all about me.
    I'm a shorty with smallish boobs, and dress shirts still don't fit me right because I have big shoulders, so the small sizes won't fit over my shoulders, but the bigger sizes are too big everywhere else.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

Someone should make a clothing line designed for real women, not what they perceive real women to wear. They feel if they just make stuff bigger, it will fit when in fact we are all so different that just increasing the fabric does not make it fit us.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2748733;
    Someone should make a clothing line designed for real women, not what they perceive real women to wear. They feel if they just make stuff bigger, it will fit when in fact we are all so different that just increasing the fabric does not make it fit us.
    Truly. I have narrow, sloping shoulders (so bras don't stay up), huge boobs, and even...ok, huger isn't a real word...larger hips. Even the stuff that is supposed to be my size doesn't fit me. I have to alter nearly every shirt I buy by removing the sleeves, cutting it into a bit more of an a-line, narrowing the shoulders and putting the sleeves back on, usually shortening them in the process. I am so looking forward to retirement when it will be nothing but big t-shirts and comfortable cotton-knit pants for me. Which I will probably have to hem .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2748733;

Exactly. Just because we are the same size doesn't mean we are the same shape.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

I always thought it would be the ultimate luxury to have my clothes hand made or tailored for me so they'd be a perfect fit. At this point, I'd settle if someone else would just wash, dry and fold them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

seriously though the media has overblown this idea with girls being a size 0 or 2.. with shows like ANTM or Make me a supermodel... they should have shows about plus-sized models!!!! Because that IS the norm... anything over a size 4 is considered plus size.. crazy if you think about it!! I really like nikki blonsky though.. she looks really down to earth; she's inspirational like america ferrera from ugly betty! I'm going to be watching nikki on lifetime for her new movie called "queen sized"
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-10-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suresam85;2748897;
    seriously though the media has overblown this idea with girls being a size 0 or 2.. with shows like ANTM or Make me a supermodel... they should have shows about plus-sized models!!!! Because that IS the norm... anything over a size 4 is considered plus size.. crazy if you think about it!! I really like nikki blonsky though.. she looks really down to earth; she's inspirational like america ferrera from ugly betty! I'm going to be watching nikki on lifetime for her new movie called "queen sized"
    Size 2 does not equal skinny ... if you are short. I hate sizes anyway. I had a size 6 pair of jeans from, oh, lets just say they could vote. They were smaller than a size 2 I recently bought.

II'm 4-11 and thick. Kinda like a regular sized person smushed down. No WAY I could be called skinny or scrawny or even thin. I'm stocky.

Thick legs. Not much room between ribcage and hip bone.

So try to find something in small size that is not for a pre-teen, looks like you want to go bar-hopping, or is for a no-hip long legged super model?

I can't buy on-line -- especially with pants -- because who knows if they will fit? You really can't tailor the rise, and I've had a bad experience with taking in the waist.

And if you can find something, usually at a higher end or speciality store, it is so expensive!

Gah!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey;2748728;
    I'm a shorty with smallish boobs, and dress shirts still don't fit me right because I have big shoulders, so the small sizes won't fit over my shoulders, but the bigger sizes are too big everywhere else.
    I'm right with you-- I'm 5'3 and I was a swimmer in college. I've found a couple dress shirts that work, but fortunately, my office is business casual and I can usually get away with sweaters.

This problem has gone away recently, now that they're selling longer shirts, but I used to *hate* trying to tuck the slightly shorter ones (from, say, 2005 and before) into pants. One false move and half the shirt comes out of the pants... used to drive me nuts!

Another height related issue: I haven't purchased a pair of pants since college (when I was too cheap) that didn't require a trip to the tailor. I've tried petite pants but the cut is different... Regular pants fit me perfectly, except for the last three or four inches!! A few weeks ago, they closed down my old division and I thought I wouldn't be going to work on Monday, so when I packed for the weekend at home, I forgot to bring nice pants. I ended up being reassigned, so I had to buy a pair of pants to wear to work, and ended up going in that Monday with (somewhat discreet) safety pins in the ankles!!

ETA: Maybe we should rename this thread, I hate the clothing manufacturers!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2748984;
    I'm right with you-- I'm 5'3

So you are one of those tall ones.

Grrr. I always wanted to be at least 5 feet tall.

And maybe we could just add to the title ... I Hate my body!! And evil clothes makers!!!

+ Reply to Thread