+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate my body!!

Re: I hate my body!!

You know what I hate most about my body? I have stretch marks like the grand canyon on my tummy from being pregnant. You would think after 15 years I would accept them and move on but I can't. I will not wear a two piece without shorts on to hide the tummy area. I have a couple friends who are significantly heavier than I am but their none of them have stretch marks so I feel they are beautiful regardless of the size.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2747344;
    You know what I hate most about my body? I have stretch marks like the grand canyon on my tummy from being pregnant. You would think after 15 years I would accept them and move on but I can't. I will not wear a two piece without shorts on to hide the tummy area. I have a couple friends who are significantly heavier than I am but their none of them have stretch marks so I feel they are beautiful regardless of the size.
    Honey those are battle scars. Be proud!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2747488;
    Honey those are battle scars. Be proud!
    Seriously. I wish I had stretch marks from carrying a baby...

Let me just add that I am THIN...but I am 40...and just 'cause thin women my age can fit into clothes made for teenagers doesn't mean we should! Honestly--I see a lot of women in my age group wearing clothes that would be inappropriate on even a 20 year old. So many women are just afraid to age gracefully. I'm not saying we need to hide in muu-muus, but just 'cause Heather Locklear wears miniskirts and midriff bearing shirts doesn't mean that the rest of us should follow suit.

I love hip huggers/low rise jeans. They're just more comfortable for me...but I'm long waisted. So if I have on hip huggers AND a normal shirt, all you see is belly--not the look I'm going for! So it can be a challenge to find the right top to go with the right pants...

I'm finally reaching the point where I can deal with it, but I have vitiligo. My arms and legs look like an appaloosa pony. I try not to tan because then it just looks worse.
    so, until just a couple years ago, I pretty much kept everything covered as much as possible. Shorts were not worn.
    but, now Im at the age where comfort is more important anyhow.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2747587;
    I'm finally reaching the point where I can deal with it, but I have vitiligo. My arms and legs look like an appaloosa pony. I try not to tan because then it just looks worse.
    so, until just a couple years ago, I pretty much kept everything covered as much as possible. Shorts were not worn.
    but, now Im at the age where comfort is more important anyhow.
    Comfort always triumphs in the end. I gave up wearing killer shoes years ago. I was a real shoe person. But I finally gave in to comfort and I've managed to find shoes that are cute and comfortable. But no more spike heels and my feet, legs and back thank me for it.

I wear a swimsuit, shorts, short sleeved shirts, whatever. Even before I lost 150 pounds. If they don't want to see it, don't look. But honestly, I'm not wearing hot pants and tank tops either. My shorts come to almost my knees and my swimsuit is just short of looking like one my great-great-grandmother would have worn. I don't do sleeveless or tanks either. But I do wear short sleeves.

Comfort is all I care about anymore. Which is why I really wish I could just go places in my flannel PJ pants.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love that this year old pin up type swim suites are coming back. YEA! They will cover my tummy nicely.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2747243;
    I've had a problem finding jeans that are not hiphuggers. I dont' want my jeans that low. And I don't want elastic waist jeans either. I just want jeans. Jeans that actually go up to my waist. Or where my waist is supposed to be, not down around where I think I have hipbones.
    I'll tell you where I always buy my jeans now. Fashion Bug. My absolute FAVORITE jeans are the rodeo cut jeans by LA Blues. They aren't as flaired as boot cut and flaired jeans are. My big problem is if it fits me in the waiste, the pants are insanley baggy in the legs. But not the Rodeo Cut. They're slimmin in the thighs, just the way I like them. And they hit right across my belly button. I hate this pair of jeans I have that are lower rise. I keep pulling them up because I felt like they were going to fall off my butt.

As for the stripe under the boob thing... I actually like it lol. Like they say on What Not to Wear, it accentuates the usually smallest part of the waiste. I like these kinds of shirt. Like this SUPER cute Calvin Klein Jeans shirt I bought the other day at Macy's (It was on sale for $14.99. It's normally $69.50). It has a stripe below the bust. And it is now one of my most favorite shirts. I just hate shirts that tie in the back lol.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2747243;
    I've had a problem finding jeans that are not hiphuggers. I dont' want my jeans that low. And I don't want elastic waist jeans either. I just want jeans. Jeans that actually go up to my waist. Or where my waist is supposed to be, not down around where I think I have hipbones.

No stripes, no "empire waist" tops or dresses (the ones that make me look pregnant because the "waistline is under my boobs), no low rise jeans, no hooker clothes, no spandex or lame'. I actuall miss Beall's which was a department store in Florida. Really cute clothes, reasonable prices, comfortable and the plus size dept. was nice. And the sales were even better.

OK, Superbrat, you need to rethink your career choice and get busy designing all of us some clothes that are cute, comfortable and appropriate for our sizes and ages. You could make a ton of money!
    I've seen a couple of Bealls here. I used to wear my husband's jeans because I have no butt.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2747693;
    As for the stripe under the boob thing... I actually like it lol. Like they say on What Not to Wear, it accentuates the usually smallest part of the waiste. I like these kinds of shirt. Like this SUPER cute Calvin Klein Jeans shirt I bought the other day at Macy's (It was on sale for $14.99. It's normally $69.50). It has a stripe below the bust. And it is now one of my most favorite shirts. I just hate shirts that tie in the back lol.
    I think that younger women pull off that kind of look better than those of us in middle age. Like mrd, those tops make me look pregnant, unless they're the fitted kind. There's a fine line between "fitted" and "tight", though, and my midsection doesn't do "tight" any better than it does cropped shirts.

I prefer a lower rise jean myself, but because I'm short-waisted. The last jeans I bought were actually cut higher in the back - the sales clerk told me they're called a "ladies' low rise", because it's not lady-like to show the crack of your ass when you sit down.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

my problem is that if I get something (finally) to fit my thighs, hips and butt - I have about a 6 in gather at the waist. I hate elastic waists - but belts just look crappy that way.

I am doing better with the wide leg pants myself. not crazy about the look, but at least they fit.

+ Reply to Thread