+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate my body!!

MRD

Re: I hate my body!!

I've had a problem finding jeans that are not hiphuggers. I dont' want my jeans that low. And I don't want elastic waist jeans either. I just want jeans. Jeans that actually go up to my waist. Or where my waist is supposed to be, not down around where I think I have hipbones.

No stripes, no "empire waist" tops or dresses (the ones that make me look pregnant because the "waistline is under my boobs), no low rise jeans, no hooker clothes, no spandex or lame'. I actuall miss Beall's which was a department store in Florida. Really cute clothes, reasonable prices, comfortable and the plus size dept. was nice. And the sales were even better.

OK, Superbrat, you need to rethink your career choice and get busy designing all of us some clothes that are cute, comfortable and appropriate for our sizes and ages. You could make a ton of money!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2747238;
    I hate the fact that alot of plus sized clothes have stripes that go around which make us look bigger...UH HELLOO...vertical stripes please designers!
    Amen to that! I used to go shopping with my mom who was plus sized (we know now it was due to cancer in her uterus growing) but the clothes they had for her size were ugly and made her look larger. We would spend hours looking for an outfit that was in style but didn't make her look like she was wearing a tent.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2747243;
    I've had a problem finding jeans that are not hiphuggers. I dont' want my jeans that low. And I don't want elastic waist jeans either. I just want jeans. Jeans that actually go up to my waist. Or where my waist is supposed to be, not down around where I think I have hipbones.

I buy mine at K-Mart. The Route 66 brand is my favorite. I refuse to wear hip huggers. I don't like to feel like I constantly need to pull up my pants.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

The particular flaw in plus sizes that bugs me the most (and is the primary cause of me making most of my own clothes) is blouses, sweaters and whatnot that are mid-abdomen length. Why, oh why, do the cheap bastards have to save fabric by highlighting what is generally the least appealing part of the portly gal? You can get away with that length if you're wearing a fuller skirt, but if you have any sort of belly, pants and more tailored skirts just look hideous. I gladly pay the extra few bucks for shirts that hide my belly/butt/hips.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2747297;
    The particular flaw in plus sizes that bugs me the most (and is the primary cause of me making most of my own clothes) is blouses, sweaters and whatnot that are mid-abdomen length. Why, oh why, do the cheap bastards have to save fabric by highlighting what is generally the least appealing part of the portly gal? You can get away with that length if you're wearing a fuller skirt, but if you have any sort of belly, pants and more tailored skirts just look hideous. I gladly pay the extra few bucks for shirts that hide my belly/butt/hips.
    That's why I was THRILLED when "tunics" came back in a couple years ago.

I do not need short shirts. I need longer shirts because when I raise my arms, NO ONE wants to see what gets revealed because the blouse is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2747297;
    I guess the designers think we want to pretend to look like girls who wear those half shirts or something. I can never understand that either. I've always had a pouch in front and always want something to cover it, not accent it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I hate the short shirts, too. If I find long shirts, I buy more than one color so I have extras.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2747312;
    I hate the short shirts, too. If I find long shirts, I buy more than one color so I have extras.
    Me too!

Hey, I have been known to buy one in every color if I find anything I like. Shoes, shirts, anything. My daughter doesn't understand that. But hey, if I like it, it fits, it looks good, I want more of it.

And how many times I have kicked myself for not buying more than one and went back and they were out.

I now buy mens jeans because they actually go to my waist. And I like them better and they seem to fit me better. I do have a pair of Lady Lee's I like that I got at the Lee Outlet, but now that I can wear my husband's jeans, I have found that I like those, so I bypass the ladies and go right for the men's and I can get the right inseam instead of the stupid: petite, average or tall, that women's come in. Petite is too short, average is either too short or too long (it's never average) and tall is WAY too long. By getting men's, I can get a 32 inch inseam and they are just right.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2747312;
    OMG, that's so me! I have sweaters and shirts in every color if they are even halfway flattering on me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2747327;
    OMG, that's so me! I have sweaters and shirts in every color if they are even halfway flattering on me.
    Gals, we need to start our own clothing business. We could definetly find a market if we are all already shopping the same way now and from what it sounds, liking similar type clothing.

+ Reply to Thread