+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate my body!!

MRD

Re: I hate my body!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2746996;
    MRD, totally agree with you on Silhouettes and Holy Clothing (love the hippie skirts - am getting one in every colour). Actually, e-bay in general has become my favourite place for clothes and jewellery shopping. I just plug in my size in women's clothing and go a-searchin', and for the first time in years I've been getting compliments on my attire. Plus the stock completely changes every five days, so there's always something new. And the prices? Woo hoo! Last month I bought a fabulous faux shearling coat for a third the price I've seen it for in the stores, plus it fits me.

Another good on-line place for larger clothing in predominantly natural fibres is MakingItBig - I particularly love their cotton knit pants - so comfortable. Actually, I love clothes shopping on-line so much I don't believe I will ever to into another clothing store again as long as I live.

I know, ebay is wonderful for clothes and I'm glad to find another Holy Clothing lover. I get a lot of compliments on the 2 hippie skirts I have from there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't like the Lane Bryant stores. My biggest problem with them is that a lot of the clothes are not appropriate for us bigger ladies. The one by my house actually had an outfit in the window that was a mini-skirt and spaghetti top tank. I am sorry, but some people should not dress like that and I am one of them.

I have also noticed that most of the plus sized clothes anywhere you go are mostly ugly. It is like because we are bigger we only wear ugly clothes. Drives me nuts.

I do a lot of my shopping online.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Agree about the inappropriate - after reading SuperBrat's post about Old Navy selling plus sizes on-line, I went to check them out. Every skirt was a mini. Every blouse was...I don't know what you call them - fitted at the bust and loose below. Though those blouses do look very comfortable (important to me), they make even thin women look a little extra fleshy. Not what I'm looking for in a top. I don't think clothing for big chicks needs to look matronly, and god forbid I am not wearing bedazzled pastel sweat clothes, but really, how difficult is it to make attractive, classic, slightly sexy but not tarty clothes in a larger size?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

How about Addition Elle? I've noticed they always have nice clothes on display, so I went to look at their website. Really attractive clothing.

skirts

ETA: I think they're maybe only in Canada? I'm not sure. Looks like they're owned by Reitman's.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2747032;
    Agree about the inappropriate - after reading SuperBrat's post about Old Navy selling plus sizes on-line, I went to check them out. Every skirt was a mini. Every blouse was...I don't know what you call them - fitted at the bust and loose below. Though those blouses do look very comfortable (important to me), they make even thin women look a little extra fleshy. Not what I'm looking for in a top. I don't think clothing for big chicks needs to look matronly, and god forbid I am not wearing bedazzled pastel sweat clothes, but really, how difficult is it to make attractive, classic, slightly sexy but not tarty clothes in a larger size?
    Those tops make me look pregnant.

Dagwood, the LaneBryant Catalog is MUCH different than the stores. I don't like th stores, but love the catalog and have found great stuff from them and Roaman's which is affliated with LB catalog. Both are online as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2747113;
    Dagwood, the LaneBryant Catalog is MUCH different than the stores. I don't like th stores, but love the catalog and have found great stuff from them and Roaman's which is affliated with LB catalog. Both are online as well.
    I like those both as well. I also like The Woman Within. Their prices are fairly decent with great sales.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2747019;
    I don't like the Lane Bryant stores. My biggest problem with them is that a lot of the clothes are not appropriate for us bigger ladies.
    A lot of the smaller sized clothes are inappropriate, too, in my opinion. I don't know why the clothesmakers of the world think we all want to dress like hookers.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2747138;
    A lot of the smaller sized clothes are inappropriate, too, in my opinion. I don't know why the clothesmakers of the world think we all want to dress like hookers.
    You're right. It's hell trying to find clothes for my 10 year old for that exact reason.

They either want us to dress like hookers or like really old women. I've found most clothes are incredibly unflattering for women who are not a size 0. I haven't bought clothes in over a year because I just don't like anything out there in my size.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I hate the fact that alot of plus sized clothes have stripes that go around which make us look bigger...UH HELLOO...vertical stripes please designers!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread