+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate my body!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: I hate my body!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2740604;
    Hey LL are you sure you're not Jenifer Love Hewitt?
    Hee hee! I wish!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

It stinks that many women get their sense of worth about themselves by how well they're able to attract the opposite sex. "A waist is a terrible thing to mind", when that's why it's being minded. They tend to ignore the inside, and when they hit fifty, they don't even know who they are. It's sad, but everyone has free will, and the right to be however they care to be. Most of my life, I've barely cared how I look to myself, let alone anyone else. But I have people in my own family that think they know all there is to know about me just by the history of my weight. It's all very insulting and demeaning...to them. I wish what is on the inside of me had been what they would have found endlessly entertaining, but it has been my weight. I sincerely hope they've enjoyed the show, but that's their bag, not mine. It stinks knowing that your value with a family member is your ability to make them feel better about themselves, regardless of the fact that they're doing it at your expense. I call that ego gluttony, so I guess we're even.

I put on 42 "grief pounds" in the last year, and they were some of the best times I had. I'm smiling right now just remembering every calorie of it. But,
    I'm too old to carry a small child around with me, so I'm on a diet. I don't hate my body, I'm just really sick of the kid!

FORT Newbie

society perception on weight

Not all women are skinny models. I have so many close friends who are so self-conscious about the shape of their bodies. And itís so disheartening to see all these skinny model-types on tv and makeover shows where big people get some sort of surgery done for the sake of beauty. They need to come out with shows or movies with real people. I really look up to Nikki Blonsky from Hairspray and Jennifer Hudson from DreamGirls...

is there anyone you look up to??

MRD

Re: society perception on weight

Queen Latifah.

She is obviously very comfortable with herself and her body.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I totally agree mrd...I also agree about Jennifer Hudson too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Regular

I ended up staying in on Friday night and watching TV. I caught that How to look good naked show. That show was really what I needed to see, it was inspiring and exciting!!

ooo I want to watch that show, justdecent! I hope they reshow it weekend mornings so I can watch it at work.

I'm a big girl. I have been my entire life. My cousin, back in high school, moaned and complained about how "fat" she was. She was about a size 8. I looked at her and said, "oh, shut up."

Part of me still wishes I had gone to school for fashion design instead of animation. And I think this EVERY time I go shopping. The only two places near me that have remotly cute clothes for plus sizers is Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug. I was so MAD at Old Navy when they stopped carrying Plus Size clothes. Now they only sell it online. And if any plus size returns come to stores, they put it in the maternity clearance section. I'll be looking at say, Target, and I'll think, "Dude.. why does the meternity section have so much cuter clothes than the plus size section?" It's almost like designers think that plus size women don't want to look cute! That's where I give Mossimo some credit. Most of the time, their clothes look cute and hip, somethin a 20-something would actually WEAR.

Yeah, Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah are great. I would also like to add the actress who plays Caly on Grey's Anatomy, as well as America Ferrah (or how ever you spell her name.) They embrace themselves for what they are and make no apologies.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2746512;
    ooo I want to watch that show, justdecent! I hope they reshow it weekend mornings so I can watch it at work.

I'm a big girl. I have been my entire life. My cousin, back in high school, moaned and complained about how "fat" she was. She was about a size 8. I looked at her and said, "oh, shut up."

Part of me still wishes I had gone to school for fashion design instead of animation. And I think this EVERY time I go shopping. The only two places near me that have remotly cute clothes for plus sizers is Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug. I was so MAD at Old Navy when they stopped carrying Plus Size clothes. Now they only sell it online. And if any plus size returns come to stores, they put it in the maternity clearance section. I'll be looking at say, Target, and I'll think, "Dude.. why does the meternity section have so much cuter clothes than the plus size section?" It's almost like designers think that plus size women don't want to look cute! That's where I give Mossimo some credit. Most of the time, their clothes look cute and hip, somethin a 20-something would actually WEAR.

Yeah, Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah are great. I would also like to add the actress who plays Caly on Grey's Anatomy, as well as America Ferrah (or how ever you spell her name.) They embrace themselves for what they are and make no apologies.
    Superbrat, I too have had to shop where you shop and moaned about the lack of cute stuff. But I did find that a lot more catalogs had cuter stuff.
    I like Silohettes (spelling?) catalog and Roaman's, Lane Bryant Catalog (a totally different company than the stores) JMS (Just my size) catalog and also Torrid (online) have a lot of cute plus size clothes. And Walmart even has cute plus size stuff. Some of it is hideous, but some of it is really cute.

I've also found some great stuff on ebay. Holy Clothing is one ebay store. Some of their stuff is not to my taste, but I've gotten quite a few cute things from Holy Clothing on ebay and I can say that they are great shippers, easy to deal with and the clothes are very nice and hold up well. LOVE their peasant skirts. And really not all that expensive.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I wanted to put a reminder about the FoRT Chub Club. We have a private forum that members dealing with and overcoming weight and exericise issues can come and share experiences, progress and motivation for each other. If you are interested, PM a request to John and he can help you out.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

MRD, totally agree with you on Silhouettes and Holy Clothing (love the hippie skirts - am getting one in every colour). Actually, e-bay in general has become my favourite place for clothes and jewellery shopping. I just plug in my size in women's clothing and go a-searchin', and for the first time in years I've been getting compliments on my attire. Plus the stock completely changes every five days, so there's always something new. And the prices? Woo hoo! Last month I bought a fabulous faux shearling coat for a third the price I've seen it for in the stores, plus it fits me.

Another good on-line place for larger clothing in predominantly natural fibres is MakingItBig - I particularly love their cotton knit pants - so comfortable. Actually, I love clothes shopping on-line so much I don't believe I will ever to into another clothing store again as long as I live.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread