+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate my body!!

Re: I hate my body!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2714064;
    I remember reading that everybody views you differently no matter what you look like - we make associations with other people we already know, etc.
    This is so true! All my friends complain about gaining weight as they get older, and I'm always like "Where?". They always look the same to me.

FORT Regular

Maybe physical makeovers aren't the only thing that people need. Not everyone can afford to go out and buy new clothes, shoes, etc. Maybe a mind makeover is what is needed. I saw a preview the other day for a new show hosted by Carson Kressley that is supposed to dispell the myth that women tell themselves about their bodies. I think it was called "How To look good naked" Has anyone else seen the previews? Know when it starts?

Quote Originally Posted by justdecent;2735531;
    Maybe physical makeovers aren't the only thing that people need. Not everyone can afford to go out and buy new clothes, shoes, etc. Maybe a mind makeover is what is needed. I saw a preview the other day for a new show hosted by Carson Kressley that is supposed to dispell the myth that women tell themselves about their bodies. I think it was called "How To look good naked" Has anyone else seen the previews? Know when it starts?
    Jan 2008
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I used to hate my body, then over the past several years I built up a routine where I would constantly tell myself how beautiful I was and take time to look for the good things in the mirror and my guy friends started to constantly complement me. My self-esteem gradually became much more healthy.

Unfortunately, all it takes is one person to undo all that work...I met a guy and the next day saw him call me ugly on one of his friend's facebook walls. It felt like something broke inside me. I felt sick for several days...until I got the call that a friend of mine, who was my everything, died, and I suddenly realized what really mattered.

I guess the moral of the story is, love yourself and your body, and don't let anyone else's perceptions (or even your own) bother you. In the end, it's not important. Look for the good things and be happy, and in the end, that will result in a happier vacation.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by worldscrashing;2713853;
    I hate my body!! I swear I gain weight by just looking at food. Itís so annoying. My weight is constantly fluctuating but Iím never where I want to be. How can I wear a bikini on vacation in January if Iím around holiday food?
    Screw the body image! YOU get to go on a warm weather vacation in January!! How LUCKY are YOU?!?!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by twilite;2737286;
    I used to hate my body, then over the past several years I built up a routine where I would constantly tell myself how beautiful I was and take time to look for the good things in the mirror and my guy friends started to constantly complement me. My self-esteem gradually became much more healthy.

Unfortunately, all it takes is one person to undo all that work...I met a guy and the next day saw him call me ugly on one of his friend's facebook walls. It felt like something broke inside me. I felt sick for several days...until I got the call that a friend of mine, who was my everything, died, and I suddenly realized what really mattered.

I guess the moral of the story is, love yourself and your body, and don't let anyone else's perceptions (or even your own) bother you. In the end, it's not important. Look for the good things and be happy, and in the end, that will result in a happier vacation.

Yes, that is the moral of our stories. Feel lucky to learn this now even though it came at a high price.
    And I'm sorry about your friend. I know how hard that is. But it does take something like that to put other things in perspective.

And as for the guy you overheard. Well, this is how I look at THAT: I may not have a perfect body. It probably is pretty ugly (I was morbidly overweight, had weight loss surgery and at 45, the old skin is not nearly what it used to be. But hey, I'm ok with it), but its mine and its been through a lot and while I may "look" ugly to some. I'm have a beautiful brain, a wonderful personality and lots of friends. (no, not modest am I? ) and guys like that have ugly little brains and personalities and I wouldn't even want to be friends with someone who thought like that. UGH.

To me, ugly can reside on the inside and its the inside ugly that is far worse than any physical imperfections someone may have.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2737515;
    I'm have a beautiful brain .
    It work good some time. (sorry, sorry!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2737530;
    It work good some time. (sorry, sorry!)
    I said it was beautiful, not smart.

I have GOT to start wearing my glasses when I type. And hey, it's early yet.

(don't apologize, that was actually pretty funny)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's people like that ass who posted on the myspace page who are the UGLY people..

Beauty Fades, Dumb is forever or in this case Ugly is forever
    Last edited by just1paul; 12-31-2007 at 09:29 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

To me, ugly can reside on the inside and its the inside ugly that is far worse than any physical imperfections someone may have.
    Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes down to the core

+ Reply to Thread