+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: I hate my body!!

Re: I hate my body!!

I've never heard of Keratosis Pilaris - I'll have to Google it. Psoriasis isn't something a tan can hide or disguise; and especially when it's on my face, I'm very embarrassed about it. And, of course, that causes stress which makes it worse. Never ending battle. However, I was extremely lucky in that my face was very clear for my son's wedding. I can live with it now.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I have not read this thread before tonight. When I put on a belt this morning, I was thinking my body looked a little like the Pillsbury dough boy - with a belt on, of course! I tried to laugh at myself, but it didn't make me all that happy. I know that it is important to have a positive self image, but I know I don't.

I agree, skin issues are another reason to feel uneasy. I have varicose veins that horrify me when I look at them. I have nice shaped legs, but my veins are bad enough that the kids I work with think I am injured when they see them. It is very embarrassing. I wear boots or tights. But in the summer, I try to cover up always.

I have had several large pimples on my face over the years and of course I popped them. Eww gross I know. I now have a major scar that is always angry red right next to my eye and everyday I have to cover it with makeup to make it look less intense. I've looked it up and there's really nothing that can be done other than to chemically take layers of skin off the area to reveal skin under the scar. The fact that it is so close to my eye makes it nearly impossible to have any procedure done on it because of the risk to the eye.
    I also have a scar on my left eyebrow from an accident from my mom and I goofing off and I slammed my head into a glass which broke and cut my eye open. The scar has never bothered me but in the past couple of years I've noticed that eyebrow is much higher than the right brow. I couldn't figure out why so I talked to my cousin who said the amount of stitches on the inside of the brow bone area have most likely tightened up the brow sort of like plastic surgery. So now my left eye is aging much slower than the right. Yippee for me......... I look a little off most of the time!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3250113;
    Yippee for me......... I look a little off most of the time!
    Not saying a word
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I had a realization the other day that while I may not be 100% excited about how I look, that overall, I'm pretty happy with my body. When I was beginning my recovery, I never thought that I'd be happy/okay with being 144lbs.. but I am. I think maybe that has more to do with the fact that I've got more muscle now than I did last Christmas when I was this similar weight.

I guess all I'm saying is that, I don't think anyone ever truly loves 100% of everything about their body, but to find one or two features that you do is pretty darn great too... I like to think of Phyllis from "The Office" when they were doing the weight loss contest and Michael made everyone say what they liked about Kelly.. and Phyllis guessed what they'd like about her!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3250113;
    I have had several large pimples on my face over the years and of course I popped them. Eww gross I know. I now have a major scar that is always angry red right next to my eye and everyday I have to cover it with makeup to make it look less intense. I've looked it up and there's really nothing that can be done other than to chemically take layers of skin off the area to reveal skin under the scar. The fact that it is so close to my eye makes it nearly impossible to have any procedure done on it because of the risk to the eye.
    I also have a scar on my left eyebrow from an accident from my mom and I goofing off and I slammed my head into a glass which broke and cut my eye open. The scar has never bothered me but in the past couple of years I've noticed that eyebrow is much higher than the right brow. I couldn't figure out why so I talked to my cousin who said the amount of stitches on the inside of the brow bone area have most likely tightened up the brow sort of like plastic surgery. So now my left eye is aging much slower than the right. Yippee for me......... I look a little off most of the time!
    buglover, vitamin E can work wonders on scars. My mom ended up with a bad scar after she had a mole surgically removed from her face, and her doctor recommended she buy vitamin E capsules, break them open, and apply them directly to the area. It worked very well. Also, there are products you can find at a pharmacy - sorry I can't recall the brand names - that apparently really do work to lessen the appearance of scars. They are topical solutions that you apply to the scarred area. It wouldn't help your eyebrow, of course, but one of them might work for your acne scar.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

or you could just jam a pencil in the other side, let it scar over and look like you've had your eyes done
    Of course I'm kidding
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Hahaha!
    I have this bleach creme from Holland and it's supposed to gradually bleach skin to an even shade. It's not working on the scar at all. I could kick myself for being such a sun goddess when I was younger because my chest is covered in broken vessels that really show my age!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread