+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: I hate my body!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: I hate my body!!

You are beautiful! There's a reason why Mr. buglover is jealous about other men's attention towards you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2856752;
    You are beautiful! There's a reason why Mr. buglover is jealous about other men's attention towards you!

Thanks Lois! I'd better stop gaining weight then or he'll be extra jealous of other men talking to me!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have a body issue (mostly that it reacts to my eating so much)
    last year I finally stopped buying so much at Target, Sears, etc to get the less expensive stuff.
    I got several items from Coldwater Creek - and the fit is so much more forgiving. Some of their stuff was just as bad when I tried it on, but I did find some wonderful slacks I am happy with the fit and the look (so got them in 3 colors) and some nice classy blouses that fit much nicer.
    We have a local store, but I ordered several items on-line and then returned them to the store. I like testing at home so much better.
    and when I returned them, I found my very favorite outfit right there in the store!

Now to get back to work on myself so I can give them away and get some more.

I finally found a pair of jeans and some pants that fit me and don't push my fat pockets in weird places. Mr buglover and I went to about 10 different stores before I finally found something that made me feel pretty!! Yea!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2862741;
    I finally found a pair of jeans and some pants that fit me and don't push my fat pockets in weird places. Mr buglover and I went to about 10 different stores before I finally found something that made me feel pretty!! Yea!
    When that happens...I buy it in every possible color! Glad your shopping trip was a success!
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2862753;
    When that happens...I buy it in every possible color! Glad your shopping trip was a success!
    Me too!

My daughter totally does not understand the concept of buying something you really like and look good in in every color. She thinks you should buy ALL different stuff.

I have shoes, pants, blouses that are the same, but in different colors. When it works, you should have multiples of it!

Congrats Buglover, I bet you feel a lot better now that you have some great new clothes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2862823;
    I have shoes, pants, blouses that are the same, but in different colors. When it works, you should have multiples of it!
    I went to college within ten miles of a town full of different outlets. By the time I was a junior, I had at least four different types of sweater and fleece in three or four different colors. When a style works, it works!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2737842;
    I can't believe how long it took me to realize that people that judged me on what my body looked like were not worth knowing in the first place.
    You know, I think that's something we all have to learn for ourselves. I heard this from parents and aunts during middle school and high school when I was picked on by male classmates about weight (I was in the highest end of healthy BMI range, but as I wasn't thin, I wasn't pretty to them). But I think it's something you have to come to on your own. When I met Mr. Cheddar I was at the heaviest I ever weighed (while not pregnant), and he loved me and thought I was beautiful. And we were able to do so many active things together, so finally my mind began to change, and I began to appreciate my strong frame. If I knew in middle school what I know now, I wouldn't have been so afraid to make friends all those years. Sad, but true.

One thing I wonder ... how can I raise my daughter, now a toddler, to be confident with her body, however it turns out to be? I'm sure my parents did the best job they knew how to do... I guess that's all I can do as well.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2862741;
    Congratulations! Don't you love it when jeans fit AND make you look good? I'm sure it made your day. And Mr. Buglover is a sweetie for accompanying you. It's no fun to look for jeans alone.

Excluding eating sweets everyday, not having time to cook healthy meals, and not going to the gym....I can't figure out how I've gained 20 pounds in the last 6 mo. I work really hard on our big remodel project....but I guess I'm not burning calories like I did when we first started working on the house. I hate my roley poley body for sure.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread